South Sacramento Accident Fatality
South Sacramento Accident Fatality – A head-on collision in the South Sacramento County area occurred in the early morning hours of September 23 and resulted in a fatality to one person and injuries to another. The accident happened along State Route 160 northbound, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). The fire department was called to the scene to assist, and see to the reported injuries. It is unknown at this time whether drugs or alcohol played a part in the accident.
Details of the South Sacramento Accident Fatality
The collision occurred shortly after 7:00 in the morning when a black Toyota Prius and white Honda Civic collided, blocking several lanes of traffic. The individual who reported the accident stated that there was severe damage to the vehicles, and it wasn’t possible to move them out of the traffic lanes.
Injuries in the Head-On Collision
One of the parties involved in the crash was reported to have chest and back pain and lost consciousness. Both of the injured parties were taken to a hospital. It is unknown at this time whether the individual who passed away did so at the scene of the crash or later at the hospital. Two tow trucks were called in to clear out the vehicles; however, it wasn’t until about 11:30 a.m. that they were able to do so.
A Head-On Collision Can Cause a South Sacramento Accident Fatality
Head-on collisions are among the most deadly, and fatalities are common in these types of accidents. This is because the drivers are often on highways and going at higher speeds. When two vehicles collide head-on, they are both probably traveling at least 55 mph. Physics tells us that striking another car head-on at 55 mph would have the same result as driving into a wall at that speed. At the very least, serious injuries can be expected.
Reasons for a Head-On Collision
An accident fatality caused by a head-on collision can generally be attributed to driver error. The following factors contribute to most of these accidents:
- Weather conditions: Slippery road surfaces can cause a vehicle to lose control or slide into the next lane. While speeding may be the culprit, going too fast for weather conditions can contribute to a crash.
- Distracted driving: Talking or texting on a cell phone, chatting with the kids in the backseat or eating in the car while driving can cause a vehicle to go over the centerline.
- Running a red light or traffic sign: Ignoring the rules of the road by passing through a red light can end up causing a South Sacramento accident fatality when the vehicle crashes head-on with another car that is legally in the intersection.
- Drinking and driving: This is a common cause of head-on collisions, and it is important to note that most wrong way drivers are found to be intoxicated.
- Overcorrecting: When a driver loses control of a vehicle, he or she may overcorrect, causing the car to cross the centerline.
- Fatigued driving: A driver who is overly tired can enter a dreamlike state or fall asleep while driving, causing a head-on collision.
- Passing another vehicle: Passing on a two-lane roadway often involves going into the opposing lane. This is particularly problematic if there is a curve ahead.
South Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a South Sacramento wrongful death lawyer. Losing a loved one in an accident brings shock, grief and a deep sense of loss. This is compounded when the accident didn’t need to happen but did because of a negligent driver. If this happened to you or to someone in your family, I can offer my compassionate, free and friendly legal advice. I can be reached in the Sacramento area at (916) 921-6400. Outside the calling area, I offer a toll-free line at (800) 404-5400. I can also be reached at my website, AutoAccident.com, by filling out our online form.
I am a longtime member of the Million Dollar Forum. This group was established to showcase some of the top trial attorneys around the country. To join, the lawyer has to demonstrate that they have won a verdict or case settlement for one of their clients in excess of $1 million.
See what some of our previous clients have had to say about my law firm, and check out prior cases and their results at:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_2550970_l-2015
:cd [cs 796] cv