Six Injured in Downtown Modesto Car Accident
Six people were injured in a car accident near downtown Modesto on the night of November 12, 2019. The crash occurred shortly before 10:40 p.m. on L Street, where the road becomes Maze Boulevard after a slight right turn, the Modesto Police Department reported. A Toyota Camry was headed westbound on L Street and reportedly veered into the oncoming traffic lane of Maze Boulevard, where it was involved in a head-on collision with an eastbound Toyota Camry. Two of the four parties in the eastbound Toyota and two people in the westbound Toyota suffered injuries described as minor to moderate. Sadly, the two backseat passengers of the eastbound Toyota suffered serious injuries. It is unknown whether those involved in the crash were hospitalized for their injuries.
What to Do After a Downtown Modesto Car Accident
A car accident, particularly a head-on collision, may happen when least expected. Such crashes may leave you in a state of confusion and shock, not knowing what to do next. In these situations, it is essential to ensure your health and legal rights are protected after a collision. To do so, follow these steps:
- Stop and Call Police: Car accidents involving bodily injury or property damage must be reported to the police immediately. While you are waiting for authorities to arrive at the scene, you should move your vehicle to a safe location if it is considered a hazard to oncoming traffic. Provide a statement with your account of the collision to the police and request a traffic collision report. After the accident, be sure to follow up with the police to request a copy of the report and submit it to your insurance company when you are filing a claim.
- Request Medical Attention: After a head-on collision, check yourself and others in your vehicle for injuries. If you or someone else was seriously injured, contact 911 for medical assistance. Be sure to take care of yourself and others as needed until help arrives. If emergency medical care is not required, be sure to schedule an appointment with your primary physician as soon as possible. If you are experiencing any unusual symptoms after the car wreck, you will want to let your doctor know so you receive the best treatment plan possible.
- Exchange Information: Drivers who are involved in a car accident are required to pull over and exchange information with one another. This includes driver’s license details, vehicle license plate numbers, registration, and insurance policy information.
- Witnesses: Write down contact information for anyone who witnessed the auto accident. Witness testimony in a personal injury claim may help prove negligence on the part of the other driver.
- Collect and Preserve Evidence: Gather and preserve evidence at the scene of a crash, if possible. Take images of the collision site, including road marks and damage to the vehicles involved. This may help in your personal injury case later if liability is disputed by the other driver.
- Contact Your Insurance Company: It is critical to report your accident to your insurance company immediately to protect your rights under your policy. Some insurers may dispute your personal injury claim if they are not notified right away.
Specific factors may affect the value of a personal injury case. To find out what these are, watch the below video.
Do I Need a Lawyer for a Car Accident?
A Modesto auto accident attorney is committed to helping you navigate through the personal injury claims process to secure your right to fair compensation. An attorney will evaluate the facts and details of your case to recommend a settlement that is in the best interest of the injured party. An attorney’s focus is also to help obtain a favorable recovery for past and future losses incurred, including lost wages, medical expenses, and pain and suffering. Even if you were involved in an accident caused by a driver with little to no insurance, your attorney can help file an uninsured/underinsured claim on your behalf to ensure you are covered up to the limits of the policy.
Car Accident Lawyers in Modesto
I’m Ed Smith, a Modesto car accident lawyer. Car accidents have the potential to cause catastrophic injuries to drivers and passengers involved. If you or someone you love has been injured in a head-on collision due to someone else’s negligence, please call me at (209) 227-1931 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400. I am available anytime to provide you with my free, friendly case advice.
Browse our client ratings and reviews on the following sites:
I am proud to be a member of the following legal organizations:
You are invited to take a look at our past case results listed on our Verdicts and Settlements page.
:ds llo [cs 792]