Single-Vehicle Accident Near Auburn Causes Major Injury

Major Injury Occurs in Single-Vehicle Accident

A major injury single-vehicle accident occurred east of Auburn on March 27. The crash occurred at the intersection of State Route 193 and Cramer Road when a Ford Explorer going east toward 193 reportedly crashed. The vehicle was reported as smoking by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) but continued on for a time, leaving a debris field in the roadway. 

Injured Driver Transported to Roseville Sutter

The injured driver was in the SUV, which overturned, and stated there were no other passengers in the Explorer at the time of the single-vehicle accident. Emergency responders determined that the driver had suffered a significant injury, and that party was transported to Roseville Sutter Medical Center. An investigation is underway to determine what caused the accident and the driver to flee the scene.

What Is Considered a Major Injury?

A major injury can be defined as trauma that is serious and has long-term consequences. If you are injured in a single-vehicle accident, you can leave the scene if you need emergency care without being charged with hit-and-run. A major injury can range from physical to mental or emotional trauma. Examples of major injuries include:

  • Permanent limb loss or paralysis, including spinal cord injuries
  • Burns that require over 20 days off work
  • Brain or head trauma, including concussion, that requires more than 20 days off work
  • Fractures and dislocations
  • Organ failure
  • Permanent disability, such as blindness or deafness
  • Psychological trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
  • Persistent physical pain and suffering.

Recovering Compensation After a Major Injury Accident

If you have suffered a major injury accident, you may need to take legal action in order to ensure that all of your expenses are covered. In many cases, the insurance company will only cover certain medical bills and other out-of-pocket costs related to the accident. You may also be entitled to compensation for lost wages, pain and suffering, emotional distress and other damages by filing a personal injury claim.

Contacting a Lawyer After an Accident Injury

It is important to contact an experienced injury attorney as soon as possible after the accident to discuss your legal options. Your attorney will be able to review the facts of your case and advise you on your rights and potential remedies. They can also help you file a claim against the responsible parties in order to ensure that you receive the maximum compensation possible.

In addition to negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf, your attorney can also help you explore other avenues for recovering damages. This may include any potential road damage that contributed to your collision and examining the vehicle to look for defective parts.

Protecting Your Rights

No one should ever have to suffer because of another’s negligence. If you or a loved one has been injured in an accident, you may want to take advantage of a free consultation with an attorney to find out whether you can file a claim for compensation. With the help of a qualified attorney, you can ensure that your rights are protected and that you receive the maximum amount of compensation possible for your losses. Contact an experienced injury attorney today to discuss your legal options.

Auburn Car Accident Lawyer

I’m Ed Smith. I’m an Auburn car accident attorney. Single-vehicle accidents can cause serious trauma. Get free and friendly legal advice if you think your injury was caused by someone else’s negligence by calling our accident lawyers at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400. Please feel free to contact us online as well.

We are proud to belong to the following organizations:

Following are some examples of the work our injury attorneys have done to help others:

Photo attribution: Image by Netto Figueiredo from Pixabay 

:cd llo [650]

Contact Information