Accident Involving Multiple Vehicles Kills Motorcyclist and Injures Passenger
A motorcycle fatality was reported in San Leandro on February 25 in a collision that involved several vehicles. The accident occurred on Interstate 580 eastbound at about 1:15 p.m., which blocked three lanes of traffic. According to the accident report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), officers arrived at the scene to discover that a motorcyclist, accompanied by a passenger, had gone onto the highway after exiting the on-ramp from Grand Avenue.
Rider and Passenger Ejected During Collision
Traffic was stopped in the highway’s right lane, which is where the motorcycle collided with a Nissan Murano SUV. Upon impact, both the rider and their passenger were thrown into the number three lane, where the individual operating the motorcycle was struck by a Ford Explorer. The impact caused the motorcycle to be pushed further in the traffic lanes, where it struck another motorcyclist, who was stopped in traffic.
Authorities Seeking Information on Cause of Motorcycle Fatality Accident
Paramedics and firefighters transported the rider and their passenger to a hospital in Castro Valley. The rider was pronounced dead there later. Investigators do not believe that substance abuse or alcohol was a factor in the accident. Those who might have information about the motorcyclist fatality accident are asked to call (510) 581-9028, which is the Castro Valley office of the CHP.
Motorcycle Fatality Accidents and Losing a Loved One
It is natural for family members to worry about motorcycle riders who face so many hazards on the road. Their loved one’s death causes them to wonder what really happened. Family members shouldn’t have to feel helpless because facts and evidence were lost or discarded after the accident.
Our law firm doesn’t wait for the official account of the motorcycle fatality accident. In order to determine liability, we dispatch our own investigators. In addition to searching the area for information, we obtain surveillance camera footage of the accident if it’s available. By interviewing witnesses and re-enacting vehicle placement, our investigators’ accident reconstruction techniques can prove vehicle placement to show fault. Our legal team will use the information we collect to build a strong case against the at-fault party.
Dangers on the Road for Motorcyclists
Despite their best efforts, riders can suffer serious injuries or become a motorcycle fatality in a crash. The following causes are the most common:
- Motorcycle riders often collide with drivers making a turn in front of them.
- Motorcycle accidents can be caused by poorly maintained roads. Motorcycle accidents involving lack of government maintenance can be caused by potholes, disruptions in the pavement, and inadequate lighting. In most cases, it is possible to sue government entities for a motorcycle fatality accident.
- Speeders’ long stopping distances and potential loss of control of their vehicles make them a danger to everyone on the road.
- When drivers are distracted by texting, talking on a cell phone, or adjusting the radio, they put themselves and others in danger.
- Motorcycles can be involved in accidents because of defective parts. Engineers can examine the vehicle to look for defects if the motorcycle is retained. In the event a defect is found to have caused the accident, a product liability claim can be filed against the manufacturer.
Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney
I am Ed Smith, a Sacramento motorcycle accident attorney. Those who have lost a loved one because of the negligent actions of another person or entity may be able to file a wrongful death claim. Contact us for our free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 to get answers to your questions, your case reviewed, and to find out about options to recover damages. We can also be reached at (800) 404-5400 or by sending us a message online.
Discover how our injury lawyer team has assisted others in obtaining fair compensation for their accident injuries at the links that follow:
We are proud members of the groups that follow:
:cd llo