Accident at Edgewater Road Intersection Seriously Injures Pedestrian
A pedestrian intersection accident was reported in Sacramento on July 29 after a woman was struck by a vehicle. The collision occurred at the Edgewater Road intersection with Lindley Drive at about 7:20 p.m. According to the Sacramento Police Department, the woman suffered serious injuries and was transported to a hospital for treatment.
Authorities Investigating to Determine Cause of Intersection Accident
The driver remained at the scene of the pedestrian accident and was talking to officers there. The Traffic Investigation officers were on hand to assess the accident and determine how it occurred. The area where the injury accident occurred was shut down to traffic, and motorists were cautioned to use an alternate route.
Intersections and Pedestrians
Intersections account for a high number of pedestrian accidents, and many of them are due to negligence on the part of a passenger vehicle driver. Although motorists are tuned into watching for other drivers, they don’t always keep an eye out for pedestrians or bicyclists, even in crosswalks. Many times, a pedestrian intersection accident occurs due to the following driver negligence:
- Running a red light or stop sign is a common cause of an intersection accident involving a pedestrian. Many times, the motorist is speeding and is unable to stop in time to avoid striking a pedestrian in the crosswalk.
- Distracted driving can lead to a pedestrian intersection accident. The driver only has to look away for a few seconds to end up striking someone on foot.
- Drunk drivers are responsible for all types of collisions because they are unable to focus on the task at hand, and their reflexes and judgment are affected by the alcohol.
- Turning at an intersection without checking for pedestrians is a common error made by motorists.
- Fatigued driving can make a motorist less aware of their surroundings and lead to a collision with a pedestrian.
- Making an illegal U-turn cannot only injure a pedestrian but can cause an intersection accident with other vehicles because it is unexpected.
Compensation After an Intersection Accident
An accident attorney can determine if negligence by a motorist caused your injury and hold them responsible when you file a claim. The following may be recovered in damages:
- The cost of your medical care associated with your intersection accident can be recovered. Expenses can include hospitalization, surgeries, testing, medications and recovery expenses. Any out of pocket expenses associated with your medical care are recoverable also such as gasoline for your car and parking fees.
- Wages you lost from being unable to work due to your injury can be recovered. If you also normally receive a pension and insurance benefits, bonuses, tips or other perks from your job, those are recoverable also. Your accident attorney can explain how your claim is handled if you go back to work at a lower-paying job due to your trauma or become permanently disabled.
- Compensation for pain and suffering is possible, including the emotional and psychological trauma caused by the intersection accident.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I’m a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. Severe injuries often occur to pedestrians when they are involved in a traffic collision. However, they can place a claim to recover compensation if the accident was caused by a motorist’s negligence. Contact us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 if you would like free and friendly advice on whether you can place a claim. You can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or by contacting us online.
The injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com have assisted many people in obtaining fair compensation for their injuries, as you can see at the following links:
Belonging to the groups that follow is an honor for us:
:cd llo [cs 651]