Stockton Boulevard Pedestrian Accident Caused by Fleeing Driver
A major pedestrian accident involving a hit-and-run happened in Sacramento on August 24. The crash occurred along Stockton Boulevard near Elsie Avenue around 8:53 p.m. Officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) and Sacramento Police Department responded as well as first responders with the Sacramento Fire Department. A male pedestrian, reportedly around 50 years of age, was discovered with significant head trauma.
Pedestrian Suffers Serious Injuries in Hit-and-Run Collision
The injured pedestrian was transported by ambulance to Kaiser South Sacramento Medical Center for medical care and evaluation. The collision blocked southbound Stockton Avenue up to just north of Massie Court. Police reported they had no description of the make or model of the vehicle that struck him. However, the investigation is ongoing, and a search is being made for the fleeing driver.
Major Injuries in a Pedestrian Accident
Because pedestrians are the most vulnerable to injuries in a traffic collision, their trauma is often severe, requiring extended hospitalization. In addition, while their injuries are ongoing, they are unable to work and can face financial insecurity. By contacting an injury lawyer, the injured pedestrian can find out whether they can place a claim to recover compensation to pay for those losses.
What if My Accident Involved a Hit-and-Run Driver?
In some cases, a fleeing driver can be found and held financially responsible for a pedestrian accident. Our law office has been successful a number of times in finding fleeing drivers by performing the following:
- Our investigators go to the collision scene as soon as possible before evidence disappears or is covered over.
- The area is scoured for paint and tire marks as well as pieces of metal that dropped off the vehicle. These can be used to identify the make and model since manufacturers are specific in their use of these items.
- Surveillance cameras in the area are checked to see if the pedestrian accident was caught on video.
- Any witnesses to the pedestrian accident are interviewed. Sometimes, witnesses can describe the vehicle or even the driver. There are also times when a witness captured the car on their cell phone or as the pedestrian accident occurred.
- Accident reconstruction is performed, which can indicate how the collision occurred and who was at fault.
Are There Other Options to Get Compensation if the Driver Isn’t Found?
If the hit-and-run driver cannot be located, the injured pedestrian can use their uninsured/underinsured auto policy to recover compensation. These add-on policies are offered to all California drivers when they elect to take car insurance. If the injured pedestrian does not have this add-on but a family member does, their insurance can be used instead. It will not affect their insurance rates in the future.
Personal Injury Attorneys
I am Ed Smith. I’m a personal injury attorney in Sacramento. Pedestrian injury accidents can cause major trauma and high medical bills as well as lost wages. You can call our accident attorneys at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice if a negligent driver caused your injuries. We can also be contacted online. By setting up a free in-person or virtual consultation, you can have your case reviewed, and find out what options there are for you to recover compensation.
Our injury lawyers have helped many people in obtaining fair compensation, as you can see below:
:cd llo