State Route 51 Accident Causes Injuries
An injury accident happened in Sacramento on February 2 along southbound State Route 51 when three vehicles collided. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported the multiple-vehicle collision around 10:00 in the morning just north of the eastbound Exposition Boulevard on-ramp. The accident involved a Chevy truck, Honda SUV, and another sedan and blocked lanes one and two.
Traffic Closed at Exposition Boulevard On-Ramp
The sedan ended up in the center divider and pick up on the right-hand side. The cloverleaf from the Expo on ramp was shut down to State Route 51 until around 10:47 a.m. while an investigation into the collision was conducted by the CHP. Although injuries were reported, no details were provided on whether the patients were treated at the scene or transported to hospitals.
Why You Need the Advice of a Lawyer
In any accident that involves two or more vehicles, those who are at fault may try to avoid liability. This is because they don’t want any points on their driving record and don’t want to be responsible for any injuries. If you are injured in the collision, an auto injury attorney can advise you on whether you can claim fair compensation. If you can, you can place a claim for all of your medical expenses associated with the crash, wages you lost from being unable to work, and reimbursement for your pain and suffering.
Investigating an Injury Accident
Our law office has investigators that go to the accident site to gather the evidence needed in support of your compensation claim. They perform forensic reconstruction and look for video footage from traffic cameras. In addition, they review the police report for errors, talk to the witnesses, and perform other types of investigation. Our lawyers use this information to build a strong case to support your claim.
Accidents Near Highway Exit and Entrance Ramps
It is common for an injury accident to occur not only on highway ramps but on the exits and entrances. Most of them are caused by negligence by one or more drivers or the entity that designed the road and ramps. They include:
- Failure to slow down: Ramp speeds are slower than highway speeds. A motorist who doesn’t slow down can cause a rear-end collision that can end up involving multiple vehicles.
- Changing lanes: A motorist who needs to change lanes to take an entrance or exit ramp may not realize it is coming up so soon or traffic is congested, which makes it difficult. Making an unsafe lane change instead of taking the next exit or entrance ramp can lead to an injury accident.
- Unfamiliarity with the route: This is a case of a driver looking at the signs to see where they should pull off or enter a highway. Unfortunately, that can lead to distracted driving and an injury accident. Planning a route ahead of time so there are no surprises is the best way to avoid this.
- Failure to yield: A driver is obviously not alone when taking a highway ramp, however, some motorists act as though they are. Being discourteous and refusing to yield to another driver can result in a traffic injury accident.
- Detours: There are times when detours are indicated when road construction is ongoing. Without correct lane shifting and signage, it can cause a collision.
- Government negligence: If the entrance and exit signs are not properly placed or lanes too short or narrow, an injury accident can occur. If it happens in a spot where accidents are common, the injured party may place a compensation claim against the government entity.
Sacramento Car Accident Attorney
My name is Ed Smith. I am a Sacramento car accident attorney. When you need information about your accident injury, I have free, friendly advice to offer you. Call me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 5400. You can also contact me online.
I am honored to belong to:
Look over the links below to find helpful information about our firm:
Attributed photo: Depositphotos_40248433_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 707]