U.S. 50 Westbound Site of Multiple-Vehicle Crash
A multiple-vehicle crash in Sacramento on January 29 involved a rollover. The crash happened around 12:36 p.m. along westbound U.S. 50 at the northbound I-5 connector. Upon their arrival at the accident scene, officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) initially reported that two vehicles were involved, a Honda Civic and a Dodge Ram pickup.
Westbound Freeway Blocked by Accident
The pickup had experienced a rollover and was on its roof. The entire freeway was blocked by the collision, and a reporting person stated that a total of five vehicles were involved. It was also reported that the pickup initially crashed into one of the vehicles.
SigAlert Issued While Accident Site Cleared
The Honda struck the center divider, and a section of the attenuator was down. A SigAlert was issued as the scene was cleared. Only minor injuries were reported. An investigation is underway to determine why the accident happened.
Crash Causes Involving Multiple Vehicles
Negligence is the primary cause of most traffic collisions. Driver error is usually to blame. A multiple-vehicle accident can, however, be caused by other factors. This type of collision is often caused by the following:
- Recklessness: Running red lights, weaving in and out of traffic and tailgating are all examples of reckless driving that can cause multiple-car accidents.
- Fatigue: There is no doubt that fatigue is one of the most dangerous causes of a multiple-vehicle crash and is just as dangerous as being drunk.
- Distractions: Driving while distracted by your phone, GPS device or other objects in the car increases your chances of causing an accident involving more than one vehicle.
- Speed: In a multiple-vehicle crash, excessive speed is a major contributing factor.
- Road maintenance: Potholes, debris and poor road conditions can all lead to multiple-vehicle accidents. Government entities may be liable for multiple-vehicle crashes caused by negligence. In order to meet the six-month time limit, an accident attorney can help you ensure that the deadline is met. Otherwise, the case will not be heard by the court.
- Defective auto parts: Defective auto parts, such as tires, brakes or steering, mean that the driver cannot control the vehicle. Parts designers, manufacturers and others can be held liable in an auto product liability claim.
The Benefits of Hiring an Accident Attorney in a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Those who have suffered trauma as a result of a negligent driver can benefit from the assistance of an injury lawyer. In order to determine which motorists must be held accountable for your accident injuries, an attorney can investigate the crash. Also, they can calculate the damages you should receive for compensation based on your losses.
Your pain and suffering can also be compensated with the help of a lawyer handling your case. It is easier to recover from an injury if you don’t worry about the financial side of things. With a lawyer on your side, you can focus on recovering from your injuries without worrying about financial losses.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith. I’m a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. In the event that you were injured in an accident caused by a negligent driver, you might be able to recover compensation. Contact us for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 if you’d like to find out if you’re eligible for compensation. We can also be reached by phone at (800) 404-5400 or online.
The following organizations honor us as members:
The links below describe how our injury lawyers helped others:
Photo attribution: Image by Romy from Pixabay
:cd llo