Accident on 19th Avenue Injures Four Adults and Two Children
Six injuries were reported in a multiple-vehicle crash in South Sacramento on April 3. The accident, which involved two children and four adults, occurred around 4:47 p.m at 19th Avenue near 24th Street. According to a report by the Sacramento Fire Department, four of the people involved in the collision were transported to hospital trauma facilities. Three were seriously injured, and the other three did not suffer life-threatening injuries. However, no additional details were provided.
Traffic Accident Injuries
When people get in their vehicles and head out, probably the last thing on their minds is that they may be injured in a traffic collision. However, statistics show that most people will be involved in three or four traffic accidents during their lifetime. When injuries occur, they can face hospitalization with mounting medical costs, lose their income because they cannot work and still have to contend with their pain and suffering.
Getting Legal Advice When You Need It
The injury lawyers at AutoAccident.com have helped many people over the years in obtaining compensation after an accident injury or when they’ve lost a loved one due to wrongful death. We have the resources, tenacity and dedication to help and always put the client first. Like other personal injury lawyers, we offer a free consultation to discuss your case, answer questions and tell you about options to recover damages, which gets you started on the way to recovering the compensation you deserve. As always, your consultation carries no obligation on your part.
Complexities of a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
A multiple-vehicle crash is, of course, more complex than simpler accidents. No one wants to admit they were to blame, including the insurers, and more than one driver may be at fault. Common types of negligence that can contribute to these accidents include:
- Tailgating is a common cause of a multiple-vehicle crash.
- Speeding leads to an accident or causes other vehicles to become involved because the driver can’t slow down in time to avoid a collision.
- Texting while driving is the number one cause of accidents, including those that involve multiple vehicles. Just taking your eyes from the road for five seconds is enough to cause an accident.
- Drunk or drugged driving is still a major cause of a multiple-vehicle crash because the driver is weaving in the roadway.
- Fatigue can lead to a serious accident because a driver who is overly tired reacts in a way similar to that of a drunk motorist.
Compensation Following a Multiple-Vehicle Crash
Most accidents are resolved through the insurance company of the negligent driver(s). However, evidence of who was at fault for the accident is necessary to prove the claim. Our investigators are experienced in collecting that evidence, such as:
- The accident report filed by the police is checked to ensure its accuracy because mistakes could affect the claim.
- Witnesses to the collision are interviewed for corroborating statements.
- The investigators perform accident reconstruction, which basically shows how the multiple-vehicle crash happened and often points toward which driver/drivers were at fault.
- Area surveillance cameras are examined to see if the accident was captured on video. If it was, the tape can be subpoenaed to use as proof of negligence.
Auto Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
My name is Ed Smith, and I am an auto accident lawyer in Sacramento. When negligence by another motorist caused your injuries, you may wish to find out whether you can recover compensation to cover your medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Contact us by calling (916) 921-6400 for our free, friendly advice. You can also connect with us by calling (800) 404-5400 or online.
We are honored to be California members of:
Learn how our team of injury lawyers has helped others at the following:
:cd llo