Sacramento Motorcycle Injury
Sacramento Motorcycle Injury. A Sacramento motorcycle injury happened on November 1, 2018, along State Route 99 in the early hours that required emergency medical assistance. It is known at this time that the rider was evaluated at the scene by emergency personnel. Whether the biker was transported to nearby Kaiser Permanente South Sacramento Medical Center for additional treatment is unknown. One or two motor vehicles were involved in the accident; however, no information was given on whether those persons were injured in the crash. The incident is under investigation by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) to determine the cause and place fault.
Sacramento Motorcycle Injury Details
According to the CHP, the accident happened just before 7:00 in the morning just south of Mack Road in South Sacramento and involved a Honda Pilot and possibly an SUV. It was reported that traffic had come to a sudden stop, and the motorcycle rider struck the vehicle in front of him. The motorcycle was blocking the number one lane, and the Honda was along the right-hand side of the road, along with the other vehicle. It is unknown at this time whether there were any serious injuries or the nature of the biker’s condition.
Emergency Situations in Motorcycle Accidents
As in the above, a Sacramento motorcycle injury can occur at any time, especially when there is a sudden slow down or stoppage of traffic. This is why both motorists and motorcycle riders have to be alert to their surroundings at all times. Slowdowns or stopped traffic may occur for some reasons, and a minor disruption is sufficient to cause a multiple vehicle collision.
How a Rider Can Avoid a Sacramento Motorcycle Injury
There are certain ways that a motorcycle rider can avoid an accident when traffic is heavy. Some of them include:
- Keeping an eye on the road ahead to visually spot any problems is vital to avoid a Sacramento motorcycle injury.
- Do not tailgate other vehicles. Keeping a proper distance lets the rider have enough time to slow, stop or change lanes if necessary to avoid a Sacramento motorcycle injury. One common reason for accidents is that traffic is moving at a fast pace, and the vehicles are too close together to be able to stop in an emergency. Maintaining a safe following distance between vehicles may be part of the solution and help avoid traffic jams due to an accident.
- Watch out for debris such as gravel or sand in the road, along with potholes, heaved pavement and other signs of road neglect. This can quickly turn into an accident.
- Avoid speeding because, just like a motor vehicle, a motorcycle is more difficult to control at higher speeds.
- Don’t drink and ride. Both a high number of motorcycle riders and motorists alike are guilty of driving drunk or drugged. Drinking and riding is an easy way to suffer a Sacramento motorcycle injury.
Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento motorcycle accident lawyer. Injuries to motorcyclists can be among the most serious because of the lack of protection of a biker when a collision occurs. If you or a family member was injured in a motorcycle crash by a negligent driver, you might be able to recover compensation to pay your medical bills, for the time you lost at work and other costs. Contact me at (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice, or use my toll-free number at (800) 404-5400. I also have a contact us form that’s fast and easy to use located at my website AutoAccident.com.
During my career as an injury lawyer, which spans over 36 years, I have been privileged to have defended the right to compensation for accident injuries of many Sacramento and Northern California residents. Among the areas of my practice are traumatic brain injuries, wrongful death cases and all types of car accidents.
Million Dollar Forum was created to recognize the top trial attorneys around the country who have demonstrated more than $1 million in a verdict or settlement for a former client. I am a California member.
You are invited to look over comments and reviews by some of my prior clients and information about cases and how they were resolved at:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/biker-motorcycle-ride-vehicle-407123/
:cd llo [cs 711] cv