Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Safety
Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Safety – When it comes to Sacramento motorcycle accident safety, riders are more than aware that riding a bike, although enjoyable and cost-saving, can be dangerous. Taking care to ride defensively can help, as well as educating drivers of motor vehicles. However, there are many other ways that a motorcyclist can improve their chances if they are involved in a collision, whether with a motorist or in a single-vehicle accident.
Specialized Gear Adds to Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Safety
Although it’s tempting to get on a motorcycle and roar off down the road in whatever you are wearing, adding clothing or other items that will help if you are in a collision increases your Sacramento motorcycle accident safety. Some items that are available include:
- Impact protection pants: Some manufacturers produce armored pants that increase motorcycle accident safety by addressing protection points where motorcyclists are commonly injured. Armor points are located at the tailbone, thighs, knees, hips, and shins. These can help prevent injuries to the lower limbs in an accident.
- Kevlar jeans: With Kevlar reinforced protection points, a motorcyclist’s risk of injuries to the lower extremities are decreased when in a collision.
- Night visibility clothing: One of the biggest problems a motorcycle rider has is being visible to other motorists after dark. However, some companies make jackets and other pieces of clothing with built-in reflective strips. Reflective strips are also sold separately to do it yourself to help protect you from all types of car accidents.
- Built-in airbags: Riders can purchase jackets and pants both with built-in airbags that inflate automatically if the biker is thrown off or crashes with a vehicle or stationary object. Airbags can protect the rider from chest injuries, abdominal trauma, and spinal damage.
- First aid kits: Kits are available that are specially designed for riders, and this adds to Sacramento motorcycle accident safety because of the contents. Ranging from products to treat minor to serious injuries while waiting for the EMTs to arrive, they include a RATS tourniquet, safety blanket, tactical ankle medical kit complete with medicated gauze, liquid gauze and other handy things to take along.
- Approved helmets: Under California Vehicle Code Section 27803, all motorcyclists are required to wear a helmet that has been approved for motorcycle accident safety by the U.S. Department of Transportation. If a helmet does not meet the weight, design, chin strap and lining standards that are set, it may not protect you sufficiently in an accident, and you risk having a traumatic brain injury.
Motorcycle Accident Injury Compensation
Despite taking all the precautions possible, motorcyclists still get into accidents and suffer injuries. When this happens because of someone else’s negligent actions, they are entitled to claim compensation for those injuries. A seasoned personal injury lawyer can help by gathering evidence, talking to witnesses, reviewing videotapes and other procedures designed to build a strong case for financial damages. In this way, the injured person is free of the worry of accruing expenses while they are healing from their accident.
Sacramento Motorcycle Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento motorcycle accident attorney. Being injured in a motorcycle accident can leave a rider with extended time away from work, medical bills, and other costs. When the reason for the injury is negligence by another person or entity, you may be able to file a claim for compensation. For free and friendly advice, please contact me at (916) 921-6400 locally, or if you are calling long-distance, I can be reached at (800) 404-5400. On my website, AutoAccident.com, I also offer an online contact form.
I have worked as a personal injury lawyer in Sacramento and surrounding Northern California for over 36 years. In this time, I have represented many individuals with their cases concerning all varieties of car accidents, pedestrian and bicycle collisions, and brain injuries.
Along with other top trial lawyers around the country, I joined the Million Dollar Forum. This group is made up of attorneys who have won a client an amount in excess of one million dollars in either a verdict or settlement.
You can find out more about my law practice at the following links by looking over comments and reviews made by clients and peers and how prior cases concluded:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/biker-motorcycle-ride-vehicle-407123/
:cd llo [cs 725] cv