Alta Arden Expressway Accident Causes Vehicle Rollover
An intersection accident in Sacramento involving a hit-and-run with injuries occurred on April 2. The collision involved two vehicles, with one experiencing a rollover, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP). The accident happened around 7:30 a.m. at the intersection of Alta Arden Expressway and Howe Avenue.
Expo Officer Gives Chase After Hit-and-Run
The intersection was blocked, and medical personnel with the Sacramento Fire Department responded to a call saying that injuries were involved. One party attempted to leave the accident site, and an Expo officer was trying to chase them down, but it was not reported whether they were successful. The CHP is investigating to determine fault in the collision.
Factors that Cause an Intersection Accident
More than half of all traffic accidents occur at intersections. In addition, it is complicated by the presence of motorcycles and bicycles as well as pedestrians in one location, resulting in a massive convergence of traffic. Most collisions result from negligence. Examples include:
- Running a stop sign or red light: Red light and stop sign runners can crash into other vehicles that are legally passing through.
- Drunk drivers: Because drunk drivers can’t judge distance and cannot stay in their own lane, they hit another vehicle.
- Distracted drivers: Texting, talking on the phone, or performing other activities that divert attention from the road and surrounding traffic are distractions for drivers.
- Turning left at the arrow, the motorist does not check for oncoming vehicles. The act of turning left in front of another vehicle is a common cause of accidents resulting from negligence.
- Obstructed views: While a motorist is making a risky right turn, other vehicles obstruct his/her view to the left.
Among all traffic collisions, rollovers are the second most likely to cause injury or death, following head-on collisions. Rollovers are more apt to involve SUVs, light trucks and vans. The following factors increase injury risk from a rollover:
- The driver is ejected from the vehicle during an intersection accident because he was not wearing a seatbelt. When the seatbelt is defective and snaps open due to impact, the driver may be thrown from the vehicle.
- In the event of a rollover, the roof may collapse, trapping those inside. This type of collision is called a crushed roof accident. When the car’s roof and supporting structures are poorly designed, they cannot support the weight of the vehicle. Keeping a vehicle after an injury accident is crucial, so it can be examined for roof crush.
Legal Help for Intersection Accident Cases
Hospitalization with high medical bills, a recuperation period and other expenses are often associated with serious injuries sustained in accidents. In the meantime, the injured person cannot work and may face this period with no income following their intersection accident. If you have been injured, your lawyer will calculate your financial losses and other compensation, including your pain and suffering.
Liability is also investigated by a lawyer. The following areas may be investigated:
- It is critical that our investigators thoroughly review accident reports since an injured motorist can lose their right to file if the report contains errors.
- We interview witnesses who saw the intersection accident in order to corroborate those statements.
- A review of the area’s surveillance cameras may reveal footage of the accident.
- During accident reconstruction, photographs of the crash site are taken. These photos help support the compensation claim.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. When a negligent driver caused your injuries, getting advice from an injury lawyer may be helpful. Call (916) 921-6400 for free, friendly advice from our legal team. They can also be reached online or at (800) 404-5400. A free consultation can be arranged for you, either in person or virtually, where your questions can be answered, your case reviewed and you can learn about options to obtain compensation.
It is an honor to be a member of the following groups:
On the following pages, you can read how our injury attorneys obtained compensation for former clients:
:cd llo