Sacramento Injury Accident Occurs Along I-80 During Rush Hour
A Sacramento injury accident occurred along westbound Interstate 80 on August 22. The collision involved five motorists and resulted in at least one injury. It happened during rush hour at about 8:15 in the morning just west of the truck scales in the northern part of the city. A Ford being driven by one of the drivers involved in the crash reported the incident to authorities, and the California Highway Patrol (CHP), along with emergency responders with the Sacramento Fire Department were summoned to the crash site.
Details of the Crash
A white pickup truck and Ford Fusion were involved in the injury crash, which originally blocked three of the westbound lanes. An ambulance was summoned for those who were injured in the accident. The roadway was reported as clear at 9:10 a.m., which allowed motorists to continue on to their destinations.
Seeking Advice Following a Car Injury Accident
Having a seasoned lawyer by your side following an injury accident helps to protect your rights and obtain compensation. Our investigators immediately head to the collision site to talk to witnesses and to check for inaccuracies in the police report. They conduct their own investigation, which may include accident reconstruction. In addition, they seek additional witnesses and look for video footage that may be found at local traffic cameras or nearby businesses. Checking for negligence by a government entity is important too because missing signage, potholes, and other lack of maintenance can cause a collision.
Recoverable Damages After a Motor Vehicle Crash
Those who are physically harmed by negligence can recover medical costs, which include hospitalization, doctor and specialist visits, prescriptions, and others. They can also recover any monies lost by having to take time off work to recover. Noneconomic damages are also recoverable, such as loss of consortium, mental anguish, and others. An experienced attorney can explain to you what types of damages are recoverable and how to document your injury losses.
Injuries in a Motor Vehicle Crash
Many injuries suffered in a motor vehicle crash are obvious. However, not all injuries present right away. This is especially true because adrenaline floods the human body when trauma occurs and can mask the symptoms. Some examples of injuries that can occur with delayed symptoms include:
- Headache may point to a brain injury or a blood clot, which can indicate a serious condition. If a headache develops following a motor vehicle crash, it is important to see a doctor.
- Back pain can indicate a sprain, a herniated disk, cervical strain or sprain or an injury to the spinal cord itself.
- Pain in the neck or shoulder is typical of an injury called cervical sprain or strain, which is caused by the rapid movement back and forth of the head during a collision.
- Changes in behavior can indicate a problem with the brain and can include depression, anxiety, impaired memory, or alteration in the personality.
- Abdominal pain can indicate internal bleeding or an injury to one of the organs.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder is a real disturbance caused by the trauma of the accident and the effect it has on the emotional and psychological state of the individual. Signs of PTSD can include sleeplessness, nightmares, anxiety, fear of getting back in a motor vehicle, and others. Professional help is often needed to deal with symptoms of PTSD.
- Numbness or tingling can indicate a serious injury following a car accident. It can indicate a cervical injury or spinal trauma that has affected a nerve.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. If a negligent motorist or other entity is responsible for your accident injuries, you may benefit from my free and friendly advice. Contact me at (916) 921-6400 or by using my toll-free number at (800) 404-5400. In addition, you can reach me online.
Learn more about my practice by visiting the following pages:
I am proud to belong to the following organizations:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/traffic-rush-hour-rush-hour-urban-843309/
:cd llo [cs 721]