West Side Freeway Accident Results in Injuries
A Sacramento hit-and-run resulting in injuries occurred on November 17 on the West Side Freeway. The accident happened around 11:31 a.m. along southbound I-5 just north of the Cosumnes River Boulevard off-ramp. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that a Chevy Traverse was struck in the number one lane and spun all the way across the roadway to the right-hand side.
Struck Vehicle Leaves Roadway and Rolls Over
Authorities said the vehicle experienced a rollover. The 25-year-old female driver was reported as injured in the hit-and-run collision. An investigation is underway by the CHP to locate the fleeing driver. There was no information provided on whether the injured woman was treated on-site or taken to a hospital.
Tracking Down a Hit-and-Run Driver
The driver who flees an accident can be held responsible for injuries to others if he is caught. In many cases, these drivers can be identified during an investigation. Over the years, we have successfully uncovered many hit-and-run drivers.
The goal of our investigation has been to establish the responsibility of these negligent drivers as well as to work with local authorities. Having to suffer injuries as a result of an accident for which you weren’t at fault is hard enough. The fleeing driver should be responsible for medical bills and other losses they caused to another.
Investigation of a Hit-and-Run
The investigator from our firm goes to the accident site to gather evidence that will assist in holding the fleeing driver responsible, whether through their insurance company or by filing a civil lawsuit. In order to locate the driver, the following evidence is collected:
- As part of the investigation of the accident, evidence is collected from the crash site. An automobile’s make and model can be determined by analyzing paint samples and metal pieces found at the scene.
- The accident investigation involves interviewing witnesses. Vehicle and driver information may be available from witnesses. As evidence, some witnesses have taped videos of the accident on their cell phones or recall portions of the license plate number.
- In order to determine whether the collision was captured on film, traffic surveillance cameras are examined in the area.
- Using forensic reconstruction, investigators are able to determine what caused an accident and who was responsible. Both insurance companies and courts frequently use this type of evidence.
- The ability of an injured party to collect compensation can be affected by errors in a police record. Our investigators thoroughly examine the report for this reason.
Getting Compensated Through Your Insurance
In the event of an accident caused by an uninsured or underinsured motorist, the injured party may be entitled to recover damages using their own insurance. When purchasing auto insurance, California drivers can choose to add coverage for uninsured/underinsured drivers. Those injured by a car accident have another option if they do not carry this add-on policy. It is possible that a member of the family has uninsured/underinsured coverage, and that may be used instead. There will be no change in rates in the future.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith. I am a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. A collision caused by a negligent driver may allow you to recover medical expenses and additional losses. If you would like free, friendly advice, please give us a call at (916) 921-6400 or through our long-distance line at (800) 404-5400. Another way to contact us is through online messaging.
We are proud to be a part of the following groups:
Our team of injury lawyers has helped individuals seeking fair compensation for their injuries by handling the following cases:
:cd llo