Pedestrian Injured in Hit-and-Run Accident on Morse Avenue
A hit-and-run that resulted in injuries occurred in Sacramento on February 8. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported the accident as occurring in front of the Kaiser Permanente Sacramento Medical Center on Morse Avenue around 8:38 p.m. No information was provided on the condition of the pedestrian or driver that caused the collision. The accident is being investigated to determine the cause and to locate the fleeing driver.
Financial Complications of a Pedestrian Accident
In an accident, a pedestrian may suffer serious injuries and may be hospitalized for a very long time, require surgery and undergo a long period of recuperation. As a consequence, they cannot work and cannot earn their normal income. By filing a claim to recover compensation, the injured pedestrian can concentrate on getting well without financial worries. An injury lawyer can help you calculate the amount of compensation you are entitled to for pain and suffering, as well as your financial losses. Our legal team has successfully obtained compensation in many pedestrian accidents.
Locating a Fleeing Driver After a Hit-and-Run
When a fleeing driver is involved in an accident, it is essential to find that individual in order to file a claim for compensation with their insurance company or in civil court. Recovering from an accident caused by another driver can be very difficult. The at-fault party should reimburse victims for their lost wages, pain and suffering and medical expenses that are incurred during an accident. In many cases, we have been successful in locating drivers who fled after a crash. We find hit-and-run drivers in a variety of ways, including:
- In order to determine whether the hit-and-run accident has been captured on film, traffic surveillance cameras are inspected. That footage may be useful in identifying the vehicle that caused the accident and determining how the hit-and-run occurred.
- The accident site is the first place our investigators go to begin gathering evidence. In addition to taking photographs, they examine the scene for paint scratches and metal pieces that have fallen. Since those items are specific to certain years and manufacturers, they can be useful for identifying the make and model of a vehicle.
- Afterward, an accident reconstruction procedure is performed, which can point to the person who is accountable for the collision. This type of forensic evidence shows the positions of the vehicle and pedestrian before the hit-and-run happened, how it occurred and what happened afterward.
- During the investigation, investigators examine the police accident report to make sure the details are accurate. An incorrect report can affect the client’s claim for damages.
- Witnesses to the accident are interviewed by the investigators. Witnesses can often describe or identify vehicles that fled from the scene. The driver may also be identifiable by bystanders. Finally, there have been cases where witnesses have recorded an accident on their cell phones while it was happening.
Our injury attorneys will use the evidence to build a case that supports our client’s compensation claim.
Covering Your Accident Injuries With Insurance
The injured party can collect compensation from their uninsured/underinsured insurance policy if the driver cannot afford to pay for the accident injury. When California drivers purchase auto insurance, they are offered this optional policy. It can also be used if another member of the immediate family possesses the policy. This will not affect future rates.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. Injuries caused by a negligent driver can be serious; however, you may be able to recover compensation. Call us for our free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or at (800) 404-5400. You can contact us online as well.
You can find out how our team of injury lawyers has assisted others in getting the compensation they deserve at the links that follow:
It is an honor for us to belong to the groups that follow:
:cd llo