Injuries Reported in Hit-and-Run on U.S. 50
A hit-and-run with reported injuries ensued in Sacramento on February 19. The accident happened around 7:07 a.m. along eastbound U.S. 50 just west of the southbound S.R. 99 connector. When officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) arrived, they discovered a smoking Jeep Cherokee on the right-hand side, partially blocking the slow lane. An investigation into how the accident occurred and the hunt for the fleeing driver is underway.
Finding the Hit-and-Run Driver
It is important to locate a fleeing driver following an accident so that the injured party can sue for damages and the negligent party can be held accountable. An injury lawyer can assist in this process.
Having another motorist hit you can be a very stressful situation. A crash victim should not be forced to pay for their own lost wages, medical bills and endure the pain and suffering of a crash without being compensated. Many times in the past, we have been successful at finding drivers who fled the scene of an accident. A number of methods can be used to locate a hit-and-run driver, including:
- Our investigators begin gathering evidence as soon as they arrive at the scene of the accident. As well as taking photographs, they check for paint smudges and metal fragments that may have fallen from the vehicle. Because each of those items is specific to a certain year and manufacturer, they can be used to identify the vehicle’s make and model.
- Police reports are reviewed by investigators to ensure that they describe the accident accurately. If they contain mistakes, the compensation claim may not be valid.
- It is necessary to examine traffic cameras in order to determine whether the hit-and-run accident was recorded. Video footage of the accident might help in identifying the cause and showing how it occurred.
- Investigators question any witnesses to the accident. Vehicles that fled the scene are often identified by witnesses, or they can describe them. Witnesses may even be able to identify the driver. Finally, witnesses may have recorded the accident on a cell phone as it was happening.
- Additionally, the investigators reconstruct the accident scene to determine where the vehicles were before impact and how they collided. Evidence of this kind is often used to determine who caused the accident.
In the process of building a case for our client’s compensation claim, our injury lawyers collect and analyze the evidence. It provides strong support for the client’s claim.
Accident Insurance: Covering the Costs of Injuries
The injured can collect compensation under their uninsured/underinsured motorist policy if the driver can be found but cannot pay for the injuries. This additional policy is available to all drivers in California. A large number of drivers are either uninsured or underinsured in the state, so purchasing this add-on policy is a good idea. If the injured person doesn’t have a policy, a family member’s can be used. There will be no changes in rates in the future.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. When a negligent driver causes injuries, they can be held financially responsible. If you would like to find out if you can file a claim to recover damages, contact us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for our free and friendly advice. An online contact form is available also.
We are honored to be members of the groups that follow, among others:
Additional information about how our team of injury lawyers has assisted others can be found at the following links:
:cd llo