Accident at Elk Grove Florin Road Causes Injuries in Hit-and-Run
A hit-and-run involving multiple vehicles and reported injuries occurred in Sacramento on July 12. The collision happened at the intersection of northbound Elk Grove Florin Road at Florin Road around 7:33 a.m. Two Honda Civics and a Chevy Tahoe were involved in the accident, while another driver fled the scene.
Authorities Seeking Driver in Multiple-Vehicle Hit-and-Run
The northbound lanes were all blocked, debris was strewn in the roadway and multiple tow trucks were needed to remove the wrecked cars. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is investigating to find out what caused the collision and seeking the hit-and-run driver.
Vehicle Accident Attorneys Can Take Action Against At-Fault Drivers
Our injury lawyers believe that no one should have to pay both physically and financially for another person’s mistakes. Fleeing drivers do not take responsibility for their actions and leave an injured person to fend for themselves. That is why our investigators tackle this problem head-on, from searching the accident site for clues to their identity to interviewing witnesses and homeowners in the area for information.
We leave no stone unturned to obtain the compensation they need and deserve. Being responsible for the financial cost of those injuries should not fall on the injured party.
How Do We Find a Fugitive Driver?
It is necessary to locate a fleeing driver involved in a motor vehicle accident to file an insurance claim or a civil lawsuit. It is difficult to recover financially from a car accident. An injured party is entitled to reimbursement for their pain and suffering, lost wages, and medical expenses incurred due to an accident.
Lawyers for Car Accidents Can Discover Identity of a Fleeing Driver
There are ways to find a hit-and-run driver, including:
- The accident site is checked for paint marks and metal debris. Since these are used on specific models, they can mark a vehicle’s manufacturer.
- It is necessary to verify the accuracy of police accident reports during an investigation. An inaccurate report may undermine the client’s claim.
- Interviews are conducted with witnesses to the accident by the investigators. A witness may be able to provide details about the vehicle that fled. In some cases, witnesses recorded the collision while it was happening on their cell phones.
- If traffic surveillance cameras were used to record the accident, they are examined as part of the investigation. With that video footage, our investigators may be able to identify the vehicle responsible for the accident and determine how it occurred.
- The cause of the crash can be determined by accident reconstruction. The evidence reveals the locations and conditions of the vehicles before the hit-and-run occurred.
Insurance Coverage for Accident Injuries
Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance can be used to help the injured party collect compensation from their own auto policy. When purchasing auto insurance in California, drivers can add this coverage. The injured party can use another family member’s policy if they do not carry it themselves. Rates in the future are unaffected.
Personal Injury Lawyer for Auto Accidents in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a personal injury attorney in Sacramento. When an accident involves a fleeing driver, there are options to recover damages to cover the cost of your injuries and other losses. Get in touch with us for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. We can also be contacted at (800) 404-5400 or by sending us an online message.
Our injury lawyers have assisted many people, as you can see below:
We’re proud to be members of:
:cd llo  bw