Driver Flees Accident on Roseville Road in Foothill Farms
A hit-and-run crash occurred in Sacramento on January 29 between two vehicles that left behind injuries. The collision happened around 7:52 p.m. along Roseville Road, just south of Diablo Drive in the Foothill Farms area. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported finding a white Ford Fiesta along the right-hand side of the roadway with an injured person in it. The vehicle suspected of being involved in the accident continued on down Diablo Drive and turned onto Sawtooth Court. Authorities are seeking that driver.
Finding a Fugitive Driver After a Hit-and-Run
It is crucial to locate a fleeing driver following an accident so that the injured person may file a claim for compensation and the at-fault party can be held responsible for their actions. This can be done with the help of an injury lawyer. The recovery process is difficult enough after being injured by another motorist. It is not fair that an accident victim has to pay medical bills, lose wages and pain and suffering as a result of the crash. We have been successful at locating drivers who have fled an accident scene many times in the past. A hit-and-run driver can be located by a number of methods, including:
- As soon as our investigators arrive on the scene, they begin collecting evidence. In addition to taking photographs, they look for paint traces and metal fragments that have been dropped. Due to the fact that those items are specific to certain years and manufacturers, they can be useful in identifying the make and model of the vehicle.
- Investigators review the police report to ensure that it accurately describes the accident. The police report could contain errors that may affect the claim for compensation.
- To determine whether the hit-and-run accident was captured on video, traffic cameras are examined. If so, the footage could be used to identify the vehicle that caused the accident and to show how it happened.
- After the hit-and-run occurs, an accident reconstruction of the collision is performed that shows where the vehicles were before the impact and how they struck one another. Damage evidence such as this often points to who caused the collision.
- Any witnesses to the accident are questioned by the investigators. Often, witnesses can identify the vehicle that fled the scene or describe it. Sometimes even the driver may be identified. Finally, there have been instances in which witnesses filmed the accident on their cell phones as it happened.
As soon as the evidence is gathered, our injury lawyers use it to build a case in support of our client’s compensation claim.
Covering the Cost of Your Hit-and-Run Accident Injuries with Insurance
Using their uninsured/underinsured motorist policy, an injured party can collect compensation if the driver can be found but does not have the means to pay for his or her injuries. All California drivers can purchase this additional policy when they buy auto insurance. Many do because there are a high number of drivers who either have no insurance or are underinsured. A family member’s policy can be used instead if the injured person does not have one. In the future, the rate will not change.
Auto Accident Attorneys in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Sacramento car accident lawyer. If the driver who caused your damages can be located, they may be held responsible for your accident injuries, either through their auto insurance or personally. Call us for our free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We offer a free review of your case, can tell you about options to recover damages and answer your questions. You can also contact us online.
Look over the following links to find out how we have helped some others in obtaining the compensation they deserve following an accident injury:
We are honored to be California members of the groups that follow, among others:
:cd llo