Motorist Says Driver May Have Caused Highway Accident on U.S. 50 Intentionally
A South Sacramento highway accident occurred on February 13 that might have been intentional, according to the report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP). The collision occurred along the westbound El Dorado Freeway just east of the Stockton Boulevard off-ramp at about 4:47 p.m. According to the driver of a Toyota Prius who reported the collision, the operator of another vehicle allegedly tried to run them off the roadway.
Investigation Into Highway Accident Underway
When authorities arrived at the highway accident scene, the Toyota was found in the number one lane and someone was injured. The suspect vehicle, described as a Toyota 4-door, was facing oncoming traffic and blocking the lanes. The driver allegedly smelled of alcohol, according to the reporting person and had possibly been drinking. However, it is unknown whether that driver remained at the scene or fled. The CHP is investigating to discover how the accident happened. No additional information was provided.
Causes of Road Rage Incidents
A road rage highway accident can be caused by a variety of factors. Some of the most common causes include:
- Frustration: Many people become frustrated while driving due to congestion, slow drivers or poor road conditions. This frustration can cause some people to lose control and lash out at other drivers on the road.
- Impatience: People who are impatient may become easily aggravated and take their anger out on other drivers. This can lead to aggressive driving, honking and confrontations.
- Recklessness: Some drivers are reckless and don’t think about the safety of others when they are behind the wheel. They may speed, cut other drivers off or tailgate.
- Distractions: Distractions such as talking on the phone, texting or eating while driving can lead to a dangerous situation that could result in road rage incidents.
- Lack of courtesy: Drivers who lack courtesy may be more likely to engage in aggressive driving or honking.
- Alcohol and Drugs: Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs can impair a driver’s judgment and increase the likelihood of an incident occurring.
- Personal problems: Drivers who are dealing with personal problems may be more likely to become angry or agitated while driving, which could lead to aggressive and road rage incidents.
Recovering Compensation Following an Accident Injury
When a driver is negligent or commits harm intentionally, they may be held responsible for any injuries they cause. An accident attorney can help by gathering the evidence needed to support a compensation claim. In this way, the injured party may recover damages such as medical expenses, lost wages caused by the inability to work and for their pain and suffering.
The lawyer sends out investigators who work for the firm to uncover that evidence. This may include checking traffic surveillance cameras for film of the accident and performing reconstruction to show who the at-fault party was that caused the crash. In addition, they will check the police report for mistakes, interview the witnesses and conduct an on-site investigation to look for additional evidence.
The gathered evidence is then given to our accident attorneys to use in building a case that supports the client’s compensation claim.
Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith. I am a car accident lawyer in Sacramento. It is possible to suffer injuries as a result of accidents and lose wages, among other things. If you are interested in finding out whether you can file a compensation claim, call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice. Alternatively, you can use our online form to send a message.
Among the ways our injury lawyers have helped others are:
The following groups are especially rewarding to us:
Photo attribution: Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay
:cd llo