Sacramento Freeway Accident
A Sacramento freeway accident occurred recently on US Route 50 and left one person injured. It occurred just west of Bradshaw Road. The accident happened in the late afternoon hours, interfering with rush hour traffic. The crash, between a white Honda sedan and a white Hyundai sedan, blocked traffic. The vehicles were pulled over to the right side of the road. Sacramento Fire was called to assess those injured in the Sacramento freeway accident. An ambulance transported the injured person to the hospital. At this time, there is no word on the condition of the person injured in the crash.
Highway Accidents Cause Trouble for Motorists
Motorists are often plagued by accidents as they go to and from work. Sacramento freeway accidents often occur in the early morning hours and between 3:00 and 6:00 p.m. In any given year, approximately 5,000 individuals die on freeways. The right lane is the most dangerous. It is the site of 46 percent of all accidents. The left lane is the site of 17 percent of crashes. The higher incidence of accidents in the right lane may be due to the on and off ramps.
Causes of a Highway Crash
Freeway accidents are caused by a variety of factors. Approximately 38,000 people die each year. The number of individuals killed in California in 2017 was 3,602. Of these, the highest number (1,318) were in cars, with SUVs coming in second at 642 fatalities. Motorcyclist accidents accounted for 529 deaths. Of all accidents, 1,977 were single-vehicle crashes, and multi-vehicle crashes numbered 1,623. Drivers with elevated alcohol levels caused 1,391 deaths. In California, urban highway accidents exceeded those that occurred in rural areas. Driver error is one of the leading causes of Sacramento freeway accidents. Some of the more common are:
- Distracted driving: Many drivers continue to text or talk on their phones despite laws to the contrary. Other types of distracted driving include eating, talking to passengers and using GPS. Eighty percent of all accidents happen due to distracted driving.
- Impaired driving: The number of accidents caused by the use of alcohol and drugs while driving is escalating. The driver’s judgment and ability to control his or her vehicle is challenged.
- Speeding: This plays a significant role in Sacramento freeway accidents. Aside from losing control, the impact causes more serious injuries.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving puts everyone on the road in danger. Overall, younger drivers tend to drive more recklessly. Aggressive driving is a form of being reckless. In some cases, the line between negligence and egregious errors is crossed.
- Climate conditions: Driving on rain-slicked roads can cause many accidents. In California, there are long periods without rain. When it does rain, a slick coating of oil and water can cover the road. This means that tires are not gripping the road but instead are on this coating. Being able to control a vehicle or stop is diminished.
- Running a red light: According to experts, running a red light is one of the leading causes of an accident. Some people are in a rush. Others try to push the envelope. Whatever the reason, many motorists die because of it. Other drivers need to look both ways even when the light is green.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. Being in an accident is traumatic. An injury lawyer can help. Call me at (916) 921-6400 for free and friendly advice. You can also reach me at (800) 404-5400 free of charge. If it is easier for you, use my online contact page to get in touch.
I have membership in the following groups:
- Million Dollar Forum: This group is for those lawyers who win $1 million for a client.
- National Association of Distinguished Counsel: An organization that honors legal excellence.
It is always good to learn about a law firm before hiring an attorney. Read client and peer comments and how other cases were resolved on the following pages:
Ed Smith: Sacramento Freeway Accident
Photo Attribution: pixabay.com
:cd cha [cs 727]