Dirt Bike Rider Injured at Olive Ranch Road Intersection
A hit-and-run causing injuries occurred east of Roseville on August 30 that sent one person to the hospital. The accident happened around 7:09 p.m. at the intersection of Olive Ranch Road and Leona Way in Granite Bay between an alleged Uber vehicle and someone riding a dirt bike. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that first responders with the Placer County Fire Department arrived at the scene and transported the injured rider to Sutter Roseville Medical Center with undescribed injuries. The dirt bike was removed by a tow truck. Investigators with the CHP are working on why the accident happened and to locate the hit-and-run driver in the incident.
Is Uber’s Insurance Coverage Adequate?
Every driver for Uber carries their own auto insurance. Uber does, however, provide additional coverage for its drivers when they are on the clock. Spinal cord damage, a traumatic brain injury, broken bones or other serious conditions that require extended treatment or even permanent disabilities can occur in some hit-and-run accidents. However, the company provides the following insurance. As part of Uber’s third-party liability insurance coverage, the following is covered:
- The maximum amount for bodily injury is $50,000 per person
- Coverage for bodily injury of $100,000 per accident
- A property damage policy of $25,000 is provided
How an Injury Lawyer Can Assist With Your Hit-and-Run Claim
Most injury claims are settled with the insurance company of the at-fault party if the hit-and-run driver is located. However, insurance companies are in business to make money, so negotiating your claim yourself may result in your finding out that not all your losses are covered. An injury lawyer can help in the following ways, and it has repeatedly been shown that using an attorney to handle your claim usually ends up with the recovery of two to three times what you could accomplish on your own. Our accident attorneys can do the following:
- We offer a free consultation with one of our accident attorneys, who will review your case, answer your questions and tell you about available options to recover damages.
- Our investigators establish liability for an incident against the at-fault party by gathering evidence to show they caused the accident that injured you.
- We can calculate all your losses to place a value on your claim, including medical bills now and in the future if your trauma is ongoing as well as lost wages and non-economic damages. This way, you have a rough idea of what compensation you can recover.
- We explain how the legal process works and keep you informed every step of the way.
- To prove your claim, our investigators interview witnesses, look for surveillance cameras that might have captured your collision as it happened and perform accident reconstruction as well as employ other techniques that help your case.
Our accident attorneys use the evidence gathered by our investigators to prepare a solid case to support your claim for compensation. This information is used to negotiate on your behalf with the at-fault party’s insurance company to obtain the best possible settlement. If the insurance company refuses to pay what you deserve, we can use the evidence we have gathered to present your case in civil court.
Roseville Personal Injury Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Roseville personal injury lawyer. Obtaining maximum compensation following an accident injury is important, especially if your trauma was significant and expenses might extend into the future. For free, friendly advice on filing a claim to recover compensation for your injuries, call us at (916) 921-6400. We can also be reached either online or at (800) 404-5400.
We are proud to be members of the following groups:
To see how our injury lawyers helped others and read client comments, click on the following links:
:cd llo