ROSEVILLE DRIVERS TAKE HEED!
- There will be many children out trick-or-treating Saturday night.
- Drive a car buzzed, drunk or impaired in Roseville and you’ll end up in a haunted house – Jail!
- Designate a sober driver before you head out for Halloween partying.
- Roseville Police Department and concerned parents of trick-or-treating children are gearing up for this particularly dangerous night.
HALLOWEEN WORST DAY OF THE YEAR FOR CHILD PEDESTRIAN DEATHS
- Halloween day has the highest number of child pedestrian accidents and fatalities according to according to California Office of Traffic Safety (OTS).
- The American Automobile Association (AAA) finds kids four times more likely to be hit by a car on this day than any other
- When you combine costumes that inhibit visibility, children walking at night, and drunk drivers you get a recipe for disaster.
TIPS FOR PARENTS ON HALLOWEEN NIGHT
- Plan your child’s route in advance.
- Trick-or-treat on well-lit streets with calmer traffic.
- Choose costumes that are lighter in color and that allow your child to see and move freely.
- For costumes that are dark, use reflective tape to enhance your child’s visibility to others.
- Have your child remove his or her mask before crossing a street.
- Accompany your child while trick-or-treating.
- Older children should carry a flashlight and go out in groups for safety.
Making wise choices this season will ensure the safety of Halloween enthusiasts, both young and old.
ROSEVILLE DRIVERS TAKE HEED is brought to you by the Edward A Smith Law Offices.
I’m Edward A Smith, a Roseville Personal Injury Attorney. If you or someone you love has been seriously injured in an accident due to the negligence of someone else, please call me promptly at (916) 921-6400. I am available now to provide you with fast, free, friendly advice at no obligation to you. Dial us toll free at (800) 404-5400 if you are calling outside of the 916 area.
Client Reviews & Testimonials
We encourage you to check client reviews for the businesses you are planning to hire.
Currently a member of Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
You may view our past verdicts and settlements, click here.
Please take a moment to visit our accident information website: www.autoaccident.com
Image Attribution: Wikimedia Commons Public Domain