Single-Vehicle Accident at Winding Way Intersection Causes Minor Injuries
A single-vehicle rollover crash at an intersection in Fair Oaks resulted in minor injuries on January 3. The collision occurred at the intersection of Winding Way and San Juan Avenue around 12:05 p.m. When officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) arrived at the scene, the male driver was still inside the vehicle.
Minor Injuries Reported in Major Rollover Crash
First responders with the Sacramento Fire Department arrived to assess trauma and determined the driver had suffered minor injuries in the crash. However, the vehicle sustained major damage. The CHP will be investigating to determine why the driver lost control.
Accidents Involving Rollovers
An accident involving a single vehicle or another type of accident can often cause a vehicle to roll. While many times, a rollover crash happens involving vans, light trucks, and SUVs that have a high center of gravity, any car can be involved in this type of accident. There are several causes of this problem, including:
- The vehicle tips over because it trips over an object (guardrail, curb, uneven pavement, etc.).
- A vehicle goes down an embankment after leaving the road, which can result in a rollover crash.
- Rollovers can occur when turning quickly or sharply.
- Another vehicle strikes the car from the side, causing it to roll over.
In a Single-Vehicle Rollover Crash, What Types of Injuries Can Occur?
When a vehicle rolls over, those inside can be thrown around and seat belts may release, resulting in serious trauma, including the following:
- Bone fractures are common in an accident where the vehicle rolls.
- There are a variety of traumatic brain injuries that can occur during a rollover, including concussions and hemorrhages.
- Injury to the organs or dangerous blood loss may occur as a result of internal bleeding.
- Paralysis can result from spinal cord trauma either temporarily or permanently.
- Many types of chest trauma can lead to an emergency situation, such as severe bruising, broken ribs and lung collapse.
- An individual’s quality of life can be negatively affected by neck injuries such as cervical strains and sprains.
- Disfigurement can result from amputation of a limb or digit.
A Single-Vehicle Crash Rollover With Roof Crush
Rolling vehicles cause roof crushes, in which the top of the car collapses on the people inside. Consequently, injuries can become more severe and survivability is reduced. It is a requirement that roofs support 3.5 times the vehicle’s weight; however, not all manufacturers comply with this requirement.
When roof crush occurs after a collision, it is important to keep the vehicle. The injury accident might also have been caused or contributed to by a defective auto part. In this way, the vehicle can be examined for these defects, and the manufacturer and others can be held liable through an auto product liability claim.
Fair Oaks Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, and I am a Fair Oaks personal injury lawyer. Serious injuries can result from a rollover. Medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering may be covered by fair compensation for a person injured in a rollover resulting from a driver’s negligence or outside influence. Call to arrange a meeting with one of our accident attorneys either virtually or in person at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice about your case. Feel free to message us online as well.
Check out our injury lawyers‘ previous work below and read client comments:
Discover what others have said about how our injury lawyers have helped them and look over some of our previous cases below:
:cd llo