Car Crashes Into Rocklin Restaurant
No injuries were reported in a May 17 Rocklin accident when an out-of-control vehicle crashed into a restaurant. According to the social media for the Rocklin Fire Department, the accident happened shortly before noon at Sully’s Bar and Restaurant on Pacific Street. A restaurant employee at the restaurant said there were diners inside at the time of the collision, but no one was injured. The restaurant’s owners are working on making repairs, so the business can reopen. It is unknown why the accident occurred.
How an Out-of-Control Vehicle Happens
Most drivers are cautious and look out for dangers when driving, even in their local neighborhood. However, an out-of-control vehicle can’t be predicted and happens in just a few seconds. Some of the major causes of this type of accident include:
- The driver is parked and accidentally puts the vehicle in drive instead of reverse.
- Distracted driving can cause an out-of-control vehicle if the motorist is texting or talking on a cell phone. When the driver looks up, they realize an accident is about to occur so they jerk the wheel, losing control of their car.
- Drunk driving can lead to a vehicle going out of control because the driver can’t judge their distance from other cars and lacks judgment.
- Fatigue can lead to an out-of-control vehicle if the driver nods off behind the wheel.
- A tire blowout or brake failure can cause a driver to lose control of their vehicle. In cases where a defective auto part is the cause, a product liability claim may be placed against the manufacturer and others.
- Inclement weather can cause an out-of-control vehicle if the driver is going too fast for the conditions or makes a quick movement in their car when it’s wet or icy outside.
- Speeding, especially around a curve, can cause a driver to lose control.
Accident Injury Compensation Following an Out-of-Control Vehicle Crash Into a Building
A person who is injured as a result of negligence by another individual or entity may be able to file a claim for compensation. When injured parties handle their own claims, they usually receive much less compensation than those who hire a lawyer. You may be entitled to the following damages:
- The medical bills associated with injuries suffered in an accident may include hospitalization, surgeries, ambulance fees, diagnostic tests and rehabilitation. All of the costs associated with the accident are recoverable. Out-of-pocket expenses can also be recovered. For example, when you drive to an appointment with your doctor, you can claim mileage or the cost of an Uber or a taxi. There may be additional costs involved in cases of incomplete injury treatment or permanent disability, and those are also covered.
- If the injured party is unable to work and is not reimbursed for lost wages, compensation can be recovered. Compensation may also include bonuses and other benefits. If the injured party took an unpaid vacation or sick leave, compensation for those is recoverable.
- The compensation that can be recovered for pain and suffering is referred to as non-economic damages. Besides the physical harm the injured party has suffered, they may be eligible for compensation for their psychological and emotional suffering as well. Fear of riding in a vehicle or leaving the house and even nightmares associated with the accident is not uncommon. Post-traumatic stress disorder patients who require professional treatment may be able to recover those costs.
Rocklin Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Rocklin personal injury lawyer. An out-of-control vehicle can cause severe injuries to others. If this happens to you, call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for our free and friendly advice on whether you can recover compensation. An online form is available for your convenience also.
If you are interested in how our injury lawyers have helped others in obtaining the compensation they deserve after being injured in an accident, click on the links that follow:
:cd llo