Pedestrian Injured on Curved Bridge Road in Rio Linda Hit-and-Run
A Rio Linda hit-and-run on December 24 injured a pedestrian when they were struck at an intersection. The crash occurred shortly after 10:00 a.m. at Curved Bridge and Dry Creek roads. When authorities with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) arrived at the scene, they determined that the suspect vehicle was a black Ford pickup.
Crash Investigators Seek Driver in Rio Linda Hit-and-Run
No additional information was provided. The CHP traffic crash investigators are working to determine how the collision occurred and looking for the driver who fled the scene.
Our Approach to Helping Clients Injured by Fleeing Drivers
In the past, we’ve been successful in locating a number of hit-and-run drivers. This is crucial so the driver can be held accountable for the actions they took that led to the collision. Moreover, we have investigators and many resources that help us achieve this goal. Our accident investigation includes the following areas:
- At the accident scene, investigators search for paint from the vehicle and dropped metal pieces in order to collect physical evidence. These identify the model and make of the vehicle because they are specific to each manufacturer.
- In the aftermath of the accident, eyewitnesses to the hit-and-run are interviewed. Fleeing drivers often live in the area where the incident occurred, so a witness might not only be able to identify the vehicle but also the driver. In addition, a witness may have filmed the accident as it happened, which provides good evidence.
- A review of the police report is performed to ensure that it is accurate and complete. The client’s ability to obtain compensation could be affected if a mistake is made on the investigating officer’s part and remains uncorrected.
- As part of the accident reconstruction process, we review surveillance videos and use accident reconstruction techniques to gain a complete understanding of the incident. Your claim can be supported if a surveillance video captured the accident.
- In the event of a negotiation or litigation, our attorneys can present a strong case based on the evidence.
Compensation for Accidents Caused by Fleeing Drivers
If the driver is located and has no insurance, we help clients by bringing claims through their uninsured and underinsured motorist coverage. California auto insurance includes the option of taking uninsured/underinsured coverage for all drivers. In this state, there are many uninsured/underinsured motorists, so many drivers take advantage of this offer. The add-on policy can benefit injured persons regardless of how they get injured, whether they are riding a bicycle, driving, walking, or walking. Additionally, if one of their family members has coverage, but they do not, the injured party can use it. This will depend on the contractual language of the policy and if the injured person is listed as an excluded policy member.
Presented by Ed Smith, accident lawyer, here are some things to look for when hiring an attorney:
Rio Linda Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith. I’m a Rio Linda pedestrian accident lawyer. We assist injured people in recovering compensation through our attorneys’ extensive experience, skills, and resources. Our legal team can provide free, friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. We can be reached at (800) 404-5400 if you are calling from a distance. Additionally, we provide online service if that is more convenient for you.
Photography attribution: Image by Brian Merrill from Pixabay