Richmond Car Crash Injures One
Richmond Car Crash Injures One – A serious car crash on September 5, 2018, in Richmond caused the hospitalization of one person. According to a report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the driver of a Ford Explorer collided with two vehicles that were parked near a local business complex. It is unknown whether the cars contained occupants at the time. The CHP is investigating the collision to determine fault.
Richmond Car Crash Details
The collision occurred at Central Street and Pittsburg Avenue near the Richmond Parkway shortly before 10:00 in the morning. The injured person was reported to have head lacerations and was hospitalized at the John Muir Medical Center in Walnut Creek for further evaluation and treatment. It is unknown at this time whether drugs or alcohol contributed to the accident.
Reasons for a Single Vehicle Car Crash
Single vehicle collisions occur commonly, and driver error is found to be the reason in most cases but not always. It was reported that 3,623 fatalities occurred due to single vehicle accidents in California in 2016, and 57 percent happened when only one car was involved. In a single car crash, the following factors might be the cause:
- Drunk or drugged driving: This is a common cause of single vehicle accidents since the driver has a lower reaction time, poor judgment and coordination.
- Distracted driving: When a driver is distracted such as talking or texting on a cell phone, accidents are more likely to occur.
- Driver fatigue: Drivers, particularly those who do shift work or don’t get enough rest the night before, are more likely to doze off behind the wheel of a car, causing a car crash.
- Speeding: This is a major cause of all types of car accidents and increases the chance of more serious injuries and fatalities.
Other Factors Can Cause a Single Car Crash
When it comes to a single vehicle accident, outside factors may contribute to the collision. If a crash is because of negligence on the part of another individual or entity, that person may seek fair compensation for financial and personal loss.
- Auto defects: Sometimes a defective steering wheel, brakes, accelerator or other problems with a vehicle can lead to a car crash. Recalls of defective motor vehicle products are common and have been known to cause accidents. If this happens, the person injured in a car accident can place a claim for compensation through an auto products liability lawsuit.
- Road rage and aggressive drivers: In California, as elsewhere, road rage incidents and aggressive drivers are becoming more common. Some examples that could result in a car crash include forcing a vehicle off the road, tailgating, and braking suddenly on purpose.
- Road defects: When road maintenance is shoddy or the design is poor, it can lead to a car crash. Design and maintenance come under the jurisdiction of local or state governments. When injured because of a pothole, damaged guardrail, signs that are covered by overgrown trees and other defects, the government entity can be held liable.
Richmond Car Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Richmond car accident lawyer. A car crash injury isn’t something you have to face by yourself. When you or a loved one has been injured due to another’s negligence, you have the right to fair compensation. For free and friendly legal advice, give me a call at (510) 631-0200 in the Richmond area. Long-distance callers can access my toll-free line at (800) 404-5400 or leave a message for me on our contact me page.
As a Million Dollar Forum member of California, I belong to a group of trial lawyers with a demonstrated verdict or settlement for a client in excess of $1 million.
Find out more about my law practice by visiting the following pages:
Photo Attribution: pexels-photo-532001 (8) (1)
:cd cha [cs 652]