Reproductive Injuries Following Motorcycle Accidents
Reproductive Injuries Following Motorcycle Accidents – Many people enjoy the light nature of a motorcycle, fuel efficiency, and freedom that it provides. However, bikes are far less stable than a motor vehicle, and this places a rider at serious risk if a motorcycle accident occurs. Some of the statistics regarding motorcycle accidents that have been published by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) include:
- Helmets can reduce the risk of a serious traumatic brain injury by close to 60 percent of the time and can reduce the risk of death by close to 40 percent.
- California and 19 different states have universal helmet laws which require riders to wear a helmet at all times.
- In 2016, close to 5,000 people were killed in motorcycle accidents.
- Motorcycle accidents are responsible for between 10 and 15 percent of motor vehicle fatalities on an annual basis.
These statistics provide strong evidence that motorcycle accidents are dangerous and deserve to be taken seriously. When someone is involved in a motorcycle accident, there are many different traumatic injuries that they might sustain. Some of these can lead to reproductive issues in the process.
Types of Reproductive Injuries in a Motorcycle Accident
The injuries that someone could sustain in a motorcycle accident run from scrapes and bruises to life-altering, catastrophic injuries. Unfortunately, injuries of the reproductive system are often overlooked because of their sensitive nature. However, this does not make them any less severe. Because of the straddle position in which people ride a motorcycle, the reproductive system is at risk. Some of the injuries that people could sustain include:
- Testicular torsion or rupture
- Ovarian torsion or rupture
- A tear of the urethra
- Pelvic injuries, including uterine damage
- A tear of the blood vessels that supply these areas
- Direct genital trauma
If not treated quickly, these injuries could render someone unable to have children. This can lead to uncompromising quality of life issues.
Treatment of Emergent Injuries Following a Motorcycle Accident
If there are concerns that someone has sustained an injury to the reproductive system, there are several goals of any emergent treatment that might take place. These include:
- Stop any bleeding and ensure that all organs are receiving adequate perfusion.
- Reverse any torsion that has taken place.
- Ensure fertility for the individual.
- Try to repair all injuries with aesthetics in mind.
While many people will have a positive outcome after sustaining such serious injuries, other cases could result in long-term complications. When this happens, it is vital for people to know where to look for help.
Help from a Lawyer
When someone has been involved in a serious motorcycle accident, it should always be investigated by a trained professional. This can help individuals and their family members find answers to many of their questions that arise following a traumatic event. An experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Sacramento has the tools necessary to help families in their time of need. Reach out and ask for help because you might be entitled to financial compensation.
Motorcycle Accident Attorneys in Sacramento
I’m Ed Smith, a Motorcycle Accident Attorney in Sacramento. Motorcycle accidents can cause issues with the reproductive system. If you or a loved one has suffered injuries in a motorcycle accident, call me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free, friendly legal advice.
I am a California member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum.
You’re encouraged to visit our verdicts or settlements page to see how we’ve resolved our past cases.
Reproductive Injuries Following Motorcycle Accidents: AutoAccident.com
Photo by Jack Antal on Unsplash/Reproductive Injuries Following Motorcycle Accidents.
:dr cha [cs 634] cv