Rejected Auto Accident Claim
Rejected Auto Accident Claim – In Sacramento, a rejected auto accident claim can be surprising to an owner following a collision since the process seems simple. Generally, the vehicle owners contact their insurance company following an accident and think that all will be well and a check will be forthcoming to pay for their loss. When their claim is rejected, it can leave the policyholder not only without a means of transportation but with mounting medical bills, time away from work to heal from an injury and other expenses that are not covered.
Reasons Why a Rejected Auto Accident Claim Can Happen
Insurance companies are in business to make money, so it isn’t surprising that they will look for ways to deny a claim. Some of the reasons this can happen include:
- The incident wasn’t reported promptly: You or a loved one was injured, and reporting the claim to your insurance company was the last thing on your mind. However, your policy may indicate how much time you have to report an accident and resultant injuries. If you miss that, you may end up with a rejected auto accident claim. The California Department of Insurance is a good source of help about reporting an accident.
- No police report was filed: It is important to get a copy of the police report when involved in an accident, particularly one with injuries. Without this, a policyholder can end up with a rejected auto accident claim. Ask for one when police arrive. If police presence is not possible, then use your phone to preserve evidence on what the other individual says, so you have proof of the accident.
- No medical attention was sought: There can be numerous reasons why an injured person might not seek medical attention, including job demands, lack of health insurance and others. However, some injuries do not present right away and seeking medical care as soon as possible after an accident is important. Lack of documentation can make an insurance company reject any medical claims.
- Witness statements were not taken: Insurance companies will dismiss passengers in a vehicle who make witness statements since they think those persons might not be telling the truth. Finding witnesses to an accident and taking their information is important to prove a case. If witnesses are not present, traffic and store cameras might be available to help provide proof and avoid a rejected auto accident claim.
- The liability is disputed: In some cases, there may be disagreement on who caused an accident. In others, the amount of damages may be in dispute. This can cause a claim to be either denied or amount of damages lowered.
- Misspeaking to an insurance company: Following a crash, the policyholder may be injured, confused and stressed. This could make them blurt out statements that are potentially incorrect or misunderstood.
How a Car Accident Lawyer Can Help
The job of a car accident lawyer is to help injured clients obtain fair compensation for their injuries and financial losses. One of the ways they do this is by dealing with insurance companies to ensure that a claim will not be denied, and the injured person will get the amount they need to cover all their expenses. If the amount offered is inadequate, then a personal injury lawsuit can be filed to recover those damages.
Sacramento Car Accident Lawyers
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento car accident lawyer. Going it alone following a car collision can make it difficult to obtain adequate compensation for your personal property damage and injuries. Whenever you or a family member has suffered injuries in a crash because of another negligent driver, I can offer you free and friendly advice. Please call me at (916) 921-6400 around Sacramento or (800) 404-5400 if you are calling outside of the area code. I can also be reached through my website, AutoAccident.com, by using our contact form.
Doing a little investigation into a law firm before choosing one is a good idea. One way is to look over client reviews or some of the firm’s former cases and how they concluded. You can find mine at:
I’ve worked defending the rights of the injured in Sacramento and Northern California for more than 36 years. Some of the areas I work in include all types of car accidents, wrongful deaths, and brain injuries.
One of the groups I belong to is the Million Dollar Advocates. It consists of some of the highest ranked trial lawyers in the country who have won more than $1 million for a client.
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_32085447_l-2015 (1)
:cd cha [cs 780] cv