Motorcyclist Major Injuries Occur in Crash on Airport Road
Major injuries to a motorcyclist was reported in a recent Redding collision involving a semi. The crash occurred at the crossing of Airport Road and Pickford Way around 4:34 in the afternoon. The accident did not block the intersection, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Fault Being Determined in Accident Causing Motorcyclist Major Injuries
The Harley-Davidson motorcycle the rider was on lost its front tire in the collision. The rider was transported by emergency responders with the Redding Fire Department to a hospital for treatment of injuries and additional evaluation. An investigation into the cause of the crash and fault is being undertaken by the CHP traffic crash unit.
Motorcycle Accidents and Liability
Motorcycle riders are always vulnerable when it comes to accident involvement, especially with much larger vehicles. Understanding some of their causes is helpful. Maintaining vigilance and exercising caution can help prevent motorcycle collisions but some collisions happen no matter how careful the rider is. This type of collision often occurs as a result of the negligence of another motorist, in which case, the injured rider can place a personal injury claim.
Accidents Resulting in Motorcyclist Major Injuries
There are several situations in which motorcycle accidents are the fault of another entity or motorist:
- Distractions: It is possible for a motorist to cause a fatal accident if they were texting, talking on a phone, eating or otherwise distracted from the road.
- Reckless driving: An accident involving a negligent motorist and motorcycle rider is often caused by reckless driving, including tailgating, speeding, running a red light and other offenses.
- Intoxication: In addition to alcohol, illegal drugs and medications can also impair one’s ability to drive. When a motorist is impaired, he or she may weave, change speeds constantly, and have slow reflexes, resulting in major injuries.
- Improper turns: Motorcyclists are most likely to be injured in accidents involving motor vehicles when they turn in front of them.
- Stopping short: Motorcycle riders can be ejected when another vehicle suddenly stops in front of one, resulting in serious injury or a fatality.
- Lane-splitting: There is a high incidence of lane-splitting accidents among Californian motorcycle riders. If a motorist does not signal before changing lanes or does not look carefully, it can result in an accident.
A Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Can Help
Choosing a motorcycle accident attorney is influenced by their past success in resolving motorcycle accident claims. Investigations of motorcycle accidents can uncover many factors, including negligent drivers and neglected roadway maintenance. Many motorcycle riders injured in accidents have received fair compensation with the help of the legal team at AutoAccident.com over the years.
The following are what you should look for in a lawyer, according to accident attorney Ed Smith:
Redding Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a Redding motorcycle accident lawyer. Hospitalization and extended medical treatment are common after motorcycle accidents. If a negligent driver or another entity caused the accident, our injury lawyers can provide you with friendly and free advice at (530) 392-9400. If you would like to contact us, you can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or send a message online.
Being a member of the Million Dollar Advocates and Top 1 Percent programs have been a great honor to us. Our injury attorneys have helped many injured people receive compensation after they were hurt by negligent drivers. Visit our website and check out some of our reviews and cases we handled by going to our Google reviews, Yelp client comments, and Settlements and Verdicts pages.
:cd llo [cs 624]