Pedestrian Suffers Major Injury in Red Bluff Hit-and-Run
A Red Bluff hit-and-run on January 22 caused injuries to a pedestrian, and police are seeking the driver. The accident happened around 6:00 p.m. at Antelope Boulevard and Damon Avenue. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) responded to the accident and said part of the vehicle that struck the pedestrian remained at the scene.
Authorities Issue Alert to Locate Red Bluff Hit-and-Run Driver
An air ambulance was called to transport the injured walker to a hospital. The pedestrian allegedly suffered a significant injury to their lower right extremity. The CHP put out an alert to look for any vehicle matching the description or pulled over from Highway 99 at Red Bluff to the Butte County line. The investigation is under the jurisdiction of the CHP traffic accident unit.
The Difficulty in Locating a Hit-and-Run Driver
When someone is responsible for causing an accident, they are responsible for covering the injured party’s medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering. However, tracking down the hit-and-run driver in Red Bluff requires both experience and resources. Our law firm has a proven track record of successfully locating these drivers over the years because we understand the gravity of leaving the scene of an accident with injuries. Our approach to locating these drivers involves a variety of investigative techniques, including:
- Our investigators start by visiting the accident scene involving the Red Bluff hit-and-run driver. During their visit, they meticulously examined the scene, captured photographs, and searched for any evidence left behind by the vehicle involved. By matching paint colors, fragments of taillights, and other clues, we can often identify the make and model of the vehicle.
- We thoroughly check local body shops to determine if a damaged vehicle matching the description of the fleeing driver was recently brought in for repairs or maintenance.
- We scan the surrounding area for surveillance cameras installed at traffic lights, businesses, or nearby homes. In some instances, these cameras may have recorded both the vehicle and the accident.
- Our team reviews the official police report in response to the accident, carefully examining it for potential evidence or inaccuracies. If errors are discovered in the report, our lawyers can submit a statement to correct them, as failing to do so could impact our client’s ability to file a personal injury claim.
- We conduct interviews with any witnesses to the collision. Some may recall partial license plate numbers, while others may have captured footage of the accident on their smartphones as it unfolded.
By employing these investigative methods, we are dedicated to ensuring that hit-and-run drivers in the Red Bluff area are held accountable for their actions and that our clients receive the compensation they deserve.
Recovering Compensation by Using Your Insurance
If you have an add-on auto policy covering uninsured/underinsured drivers, you can use that to cover some of your losses, including medical expenses. This policy covers whether you are in a motor vehicle, riding a motorcycle or bicycle, or injured while walking. It also covers injuries caused by a hit-and-run driver who cannot be located. You can use theirs if you do not carry this add-on policy, but another family member has it. The rates are not affected in the future.
This video from accident lawyer Ed Smith will help you find out what to look for in an attorney:
Red Bluff Pedestrian Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Red Bluff pedestrian accident lawyer. It may be possible for you to seek compensation if you were injured in an accident that was someone else’s fault. Please call (530) 392-9400 to speak with one of our injury lawyers for free, friendly advice. You can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or email us online.
As Million Dollar Advocates and National Association of Distinguished Counsel members, we are honored to represent California. Interested in how our injury lawyers helped others get the compensation they deserved? Check out our Google and Yelp reviews and Settlements and Verdicts.
:cd  cha