Intersection Accident on Howe Avenue Reportedly Caused by Red-Light Runner
A reckless driver reportedly caused an accident resulting in injuries in Sacramento on July 17 and then fled the scene. The accident happened along northbound Howe Avenue at Feature Drive in the Arden-Arcade area. It occurred around 8:45 in the morning when one driver reportedly ran a red light, according to the report by the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Hit-and-Run Driver Sought by Authorities
The vehicle that was struck was left blocking the intersection. Sacramento Fire Department emergency responders arrived to assess the injuries of those in the vehicle and transported one patient to a hospital nearby. A tow truck removed the vehicle from the collision scene. The CHP is conducting an investigation into the accident and is seeking the hit-and-run driver.
What Constitutes a Reckless Driver
A reckless driver is someone who handles their vehicle without any regard for others. Some common types of reckless driving include:
- Driving at more than 10 mph above the speed limit
- Running a red light or stop sign
- Distracted driving such as texting or chatting on a cell phone
- Passing on the wrong side or on the shoulder
- Failure to yield
- Drunk driving
- Drugged driving
- Going in the wrong direction, such as entering the exit ramp of a highway
- Crossing over multiple lanes of traffic
- Not using the turn signals
- Driving on a sidewalk or into a crowd
Recovering Compensation After a Traffic Accident
Reckless driving is dangerous and can easily lead to a serious traffic accident. Over the years, my law office has helped many people in Northern California in obtaining fair compensation after they’ve been injured by a negligent driver. Recovery of damages following an injury accident means that the injured party can obtain compensation for all of their medical expenses associated with the collision, their lost wages, and their pain and suffering.
Our investigative team is sent out to the site of the accident to collect the evidence to support a client’s injury claim. This is because it has to be shown that the person or entity that caused the accident was negligent, and that’s why the crash occurred. An accident investigation includes:
- The investigators examine the accident site to look for any clues that might have been left behind or other reasons the collision happened, such as potholes and bad lighting.
- The investigators check the police report to ensure its accuracy. Any errors in the police report might affect a person’s ability to file and win a claim for compensation.
- Accident reconstruction is conducted. It not only shows the positions of the vehicles before the accident happened and how it occurred but can show which driver was at fault.
- By locating any surveillance cameras in the area, they can be examined to see if the reckless driver appeared and can be tied to the accident.
- The investigators talk to any witnesses to the collision for statements that corroborate how it occurred.
Our team of injury attorneys uses the collected evidence to build a robust case that supports our client’s claim.
Car Accident Lawyer in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, and I am a car accident lawyer in Sacramento here to offer you free and friendly advice if a negligent driver caused your injury. You can reach me at (916) 921-6400 or toll-free at (800) 404-5400 if you’re calling from elsewhere in Northern California. We also have an online contact form.
I am honored to belong to:
Since 1982, our law firm has helped many Sacramentans and other Northern Californians in obtaining the compensation they deserve after being injured in all varieties of traffic collisions, government and product liability claims, and cases that resulted in wrongful death.
Discover more information about our law firm and how we’ve helped others at the following links:
Photo attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/headlamp-accident-auto-blue-broken-2940/
:cd llo [cs 670]