A Rancho Murieta accident fatality occurred on January 3 along Puerto Drive when a driver lost control of his vehicle. The man was identified as a Sloughhouse resident, age 57. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) report, he was driving in his Acura MDX when the vehicle, for no apparent reason, exited the road and crashed. I would like to take this opportunity to offer my condolences to his family and friends.
Rancho Murieta Accident Fatality Details
The Highway Patrol reported that the driver of the Acura entered a yard and crashed into a big rock. However, that is not where the accident ended. Striking the rock caused the vehicle to go airborne where it struck the garage of a nearby home and several vehicles. The CHP reports that the man died from the injuries he suffered in the collision. The fatal accident is being investigated by the CHP as to cause, and it is unknown at this time whether alcohol or drugs were a factor in the accident.
Reasons for a Rancho Murieta Accident Fatality
Most single vehicle collisions are caused by driver error. While most people might think that they occur after dark and on unfamiliar stretches of road or curves, this is untrue. Most happen along straight stretches that a driver has driven many times. While many are caused by driver error, not all of these types of accidents are. If negligence on the part of another individual or entity caused a collision, the family could claim financial compensation through a wrongful death lawsuit.
Driver Error in a Single Vehicle Accident
There are various reasons a Rancho Murieta accident fatality can happen in a single vehicle collision. These include:
- Speeding: Along straight stretches of familiar roads, a motorist might be tempted to speed to reach their destination more quickly. However, speeding can make a vehicle more difficult to handle, and the driver can lose control of it quickly.
- Distracted driving: One of the main reasons for an accident fatality is distracted driving. Texting or chatting on a cell phone, changing a radio station or eating a meal in the car while driving are all forms of distracted driving.
- Fatigued driving: Some motorists perform shift work, which can leave them overly tired when driving. Others might be taking prescription or over-the-counter medications that can make them nod off behind the wheel.
- Drunk driving: Drunk driving, along with drug use, impairs the motorist’s ability to coordinate their actions as well as affects judgment and visual acuity. This can lead to a Rancho Murieta accident fatality.
Other Reasons for a Single Vehicle Accident
Problems with the roadway, defective auto products, and other motorists can cause a single vehicle collision. Some of the ways this can occur are:
- Potholes, heaved pavement, bad or missing signage and other causes can lead to an accident. Since a government entity such as the county or state is responsible for maintenance and design of a roadway, they may be held responsible for injuries or death.
- Defective auto products that affect steering, braking, the accelerator, tires or others can affect the vehicle’s performance and make the driver lose control.
- In addition, other motorists can cause a single vehicle collision. From forcing another driver off the road to aggressive driving, they can be a danger.
Claiming Compensation in a Wrongful Death
A lawyer who is experienced in wrongful death claims can help the family who has lost their loved one recover financial compensation for that loss. The lawyer can investigate the case to determine the cause, and if negligence is involved, can prepare a strong case for compensation.
Rancho Murieta Auto Accident and Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Rancho Murieta auto accident and personal injury lawyer. When your loved one is lost through negligence, a wrongful death lawsuit may be possible to recover the financial loss you suffered. For free and friendly advice, get in touch with me at (916) 921-6400 or through my toll-free line at (800) 404-5400. An online contact form is available also on my website, AutoAccident.com.
Having information about a law practice can help you decide who to phone when advice is needed. You are welcome to look over client reviews and some of our prior cases at the following links:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_12490627_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 778] cv