Riesling Way House Fire Results in Smoke Inhalation Injuries
A recent house fire in Rancho Cordova injured two people who suffered smoke inhalation. The accident occurred along Riesling Way close to Zinfandel Drive and Folsom Boulevard. Crews with the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District arrived at the site of the burning house around 7:15 a.m. and had the fire knocked down in around 30 minutes.
Two People Transported to Hospital With Smoke Inhalation
An ambulance took the injured parties to a hospital for treatment. The day before, firefighters with the city answered a two-alarm call in Northgate, which caused damage to four homes on Los Lunas Way. One resident suffered minor injuries in the fire.
Fire Dangers in the Home
Each year, many people are injured or killed by house fires. About two-thirds of all fire-related injuries and 72 percent of deaths occur in residences, according to the National Fire Protection Association. Smoke inhalation is a major cause of death in a home fire. According to the National Library of Medicine, patients who have suffered smoke inhalation show a high risk of complications. Pneumonia, pulmonary edema, and acute respiratory distress occur. The longer the exposure, the higher the risk.
Defects That Cause a House Fire
There are a number of reasons why a house fire can start, many of them related to defects, including:
- Portable heaters
- Electrical panels that are faulty
- Stoves, whether gas or electric, as well as other appliances such as water heaters, refrigerators, washers, dryers and dishwashers.
- Light fixtures and lamps
- Electrically operated holiday lights
- Portable appliances such as toasters, microwaves, tabletop ovens, pressure cookers, and others
- Defective batteries in vehicles parked in the garage or near the home
The manufacturer, designer, parts maker, and others may be held legally responsible for burn and smoke inhalation injuries caused by defective products in a house fire with the help of an accident attorney. As long as the product was used in accordance with its design, negligence does not need to be proved in California. Liability claims for products can be filed in the following areas:
- The fire and subsequent injuries were caused by a defective design of the product.
- An accident injury was caused by a manufacturing defect during production.
- Accidents and injuries are often caused by inadequate safety warnings, incorrect labeling or inadequate instructions, which lead to a fire.
The Dangers of Defective Products That Cause Burn Injuries
In order to indicate the severity of burn injuries, they are classified into different degrees. A few examples are:
- 1st-degree burn: In the first degree of burns, the outside layer of the skin is affected, causing pain and redness.
- 2nd-degree burn: The outer layer of skin, as well as the inner layers, are affected by 2nd-degree burns. Splotchy, red or white skin can result from this type of burn injury, which also causes swelling, severe pain and blistering. Injuries of this type can result in scarring.
- 3rd-degree burns: In 3rd-degree burns, the fat layer under the skin is reached. Burned areas may appear black, brown or white. If the nerves are destroyed, pain may not exist.
Rancho Cordova Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Rancho Cordova personal injury lawyer. Burn and smoke inhalation injuries can result from a house fire, and if a defect causes it, you may be able to recover compensation. You are welcome to contact our injury lawyers at (916) 921-6400 or at (800) 404-5400. We can also be contacted online if you prefer. We can arrange a free consultation either in-person or virtually to discuss your case and let you know about possible options to recover compensation.
Belonging to the following groups is an honor for us:
Our injury lawyers have assisted many people in recovering compensation, as you can see below:
:cd llo