Pollock Pines Traffic Crash Injures Motorcyclist

Accident on U.S. 50 Caused When Motorcyclist Hits Object in Road

A traffic crash in Pollock Pines on June 25 caused injury to a motorcyclist and then the motorist fled the scene. The hit-and-run accident happened around 5:23 p.m. along westbound U.S. 50 just west of Sly Park Road in the Pollock Pines area east of Placerville. Authorities were notified that a motorcyclist was down in the center divider. 

Injured Rider Transported to Hospital Following Traffic Crash

Officers with the California Highway Patrol (CHP) arrived at the scene of the traffic crash as well as fire department paramedics. It was reported that the motorcycle rider crashed while trying to avoid a surfboard lying in the lane. A tow truck was sent to recover the motorcycle, and the rider was transported to Marshall Medical Center in Placerville for treatment of road rash and to receive additional evaluation. The CHP is determining how the collision occurred and seeking the hit-and-run driver. 

Road Rash in a Traffic Crash

Road rash occurs in many accidents involving motorcyclists. It can range from a minor to severe injury that requires medical treatment. Road rash is a friction injury, and such as burns are categorized in degrees, the following definitions are used:

  • First-degree road rash causes minor injuries. This injury can be identified by minor trauma such as redness, small scrapes, bruising, tenderness and a slight amount of bleeding. As long as the injured area is cleaned well, it can normally be taken care of at home.
  • Second-degree road rash is considered a serious injury requiring medical attention. Swelling and bleeding, as well as exposed muscle, may occur, and the area may leave scars. Medical attention is necessary for this type of traffic crash injury.
  • Third-degree road rash is a severe injury. Skin may be removed and wounds that are present are usually deep, exposing muscles, nerves or even bone. Pain may or may not occur depending on whether nerve damage is involved. Medical care is necessary to avoid infection. Permanent deformity and scarring commonly occur.

Dealing With a Hit-and-Run Driver

In some cases, a hit-and-run driver involved in a traffic crash can be located. Our own law office has been successful many times in finding a fleeing driver. We use evidence such as traffic camera footage, eyewitness reports and paint or metal left at the scene to identify and locate the car. When the driver has been found, he or she can be held liable for another person’s accident injuries. If it turns out they are not financially able to pay for those injuries or have no or little insurance to handle the damages, there is another option.

Insurance Can Cover Your Injuries in a Traffic Crash

Many Californians carry the optional uninsured/underinsured policy on their auto insurance. It is designed to cover you when you or a passenger in your vehicle is injured. However, it also covers you if you are riding a motorcycle, bicycle or are a pedestrian and injured. If you don’t happen to have this policy but a member of your family does, theirs can be used instead.

Pollock Pines Personal Injury Lawyer

I am Ed Smith, a Pollock Pines personal injury lawyer. When accident injuries occur that were the fault of another driver or entity, you might be able to recover compensation. Give our injury lawyers a call at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice. You can also reach us by sending an online message

It is our honor to be part of the following groups:

Find out how our team of injury attorneys has helped others to obtain the compensation they deserve by clicking on the links below:

Photo attribution: Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay 

:cd llo [656]

Contact Information