Pollock Pines Pedestrian Accident Injures Five Minors

Home » Pollock Pines Pedestrian Accident Injures Five Minors
June 02, 2023
Edward Smith

Pedestrian Accident Involving Minors Occurs at Pony Express Trail Crosswalk

Five minors were airlifted to a hospital after being struck by a full-sized van in a pedestrian accident on May 31. The accident occurred near a hardware store on Pony Express Trail near Willow Street around 10:42 a.m. as the minors were crossing the street. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the driver of the van remained at the scene, and neither drugs nor alcohol appeared to factor into the cause of the accident. 

Vehicle Towed as Evidence in Pedestrian Accident

The minors were in a crosswalk when the collision occurred. Information was not provided on their condition. The County Sheriff’s Office instructed parents who were picking up their children to park at Safeway and talk with a deputy there. The vehicle in question was towed as evidence and taken to the impound yard. The accident occurred not far from Pollock Pines Elementary School. CHP traffic investigators are determining the cause of the accident.

Watch YouTube Video – By: KCRA3 – Five Children Hit By Van in El Dorado County

Liability in a Pedestrian Accident

Motor vehicles in California must yield to pedestrians who are in designated crosswalks or intersections. However, there are instances where the pedestrian might be at fault such as running into the crosswalk. An injury lawyer can determine what fault lies in an accident involving a pedestrian, so those who were injured can recover fair compensation.

Placing a Personal Injury Claim on Behalf of a Minor in California

In California, parents or legal guardians may be able to place a personal injury claim on behalf of their minor children. The California statute of limitations within which to file a claim is two years from the day the accident happened, so it is important that parents act quickly if they are interested in placing a claim for compensation. In most cases, minors have until they reach 18 years old to file a lawsuit, but this can vary depending on the specifics of the case and who is responsible for the pedestrian accident.

How an Injury Lawyer Gathers Evidence to Support an Injury Claim

When filing a personal injury claim on behalf of a minor, an injury accident lawyer will collect evidence from various sources. This may include video footage, witness statements, police reports, medical records and other applicable documentation related to the case. The goal is for the lawyers to build a strong argument that proves how the driver’s negligent or intentional behavior caused the accident and should be held liable for compensating your child for their damages.

Reach Out to an Experienced Injury Lawyer Today

If you are the parent or legal guardian of a minor who was injured in a pedestrian accident, do not hesitate to contact an experienced injury lawyer. An injury attorney can inform you of your rights and determine whether filing a personal injury claim is possible in your case. If you should file a claim, you owe nothing unless the case is won.

Personal injury lawyer Ed Smith offers these tips to assist you in looking for the right attorney to help you with your claim:

Pollock Pines Personal Injury Lawyer

I’m Ed Smith. I’m a Pollock Pines personal injury lawyer. If you or your children were injured by a negligent motorist, we may be able to help you recover compensation. You can reach our accident attorneys at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice. We are also available online if it is more convenient for you.

Our injury lawyers have helped clients in the following ways, which you can discover below:

Following are some of the organizations with which we are affiliated:

Photo attribution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLQ8I1W1gR8&t=10s; Image by Brian Merrill from Pixabay

:cd llo [651] ds