Placerville Driver Injured in Run-Off-Road Crash

Accident Near Bucks Bar Road Injures Driver

A run-off-road crash southeast of Placerville occurred on February 19 that left the driver with minor injuries. The crash occurred around 3:42 p.m. near Bucks Bar Road, according to the California Highway Patrol (CHP) accident report. Multiple phone calls were made to the CHP telling them about the accident. 

Vehicle Found Down an Embankment After Run-Off-Road Crash

When officers arrived at the scene, they discovered that a Toyota Corolla had gone down an embankment on the right-hand side where it had struck a tree. A male had exited the vehicle and appeared disoriented. Emergency responders with the El Dorado County Fire Department determined that the man had suffered minor injuries. 

Authorities Investigating Cause of Run-Off-Road Crash

Information was not provided on whether the patient was transported to a hospital for further evaluation. The accident is being investigated by authorities to determine what caused the vehicle to exit the roadway.

The Causes of a Run-Off-Road Crash

Driver errors, such as speeding, poor weather conditions, distracted driving, and others are usually the cause of an accident where the vehicle leaves the road. It is possible for an accident involving one vehicle to be caused by an outside factor. It may be possible for the injured party to receive fair compensation, which may cover their medical bills and time away from work in addition to their pain and suffering. 

The Cause of a Run-Off-Road Accident May Be Mechanical Failure

Accidents are often caused by defects in vehicles such as steering, tires, brakes, accelerator, or even the motor itself. Examples of these conditions are:

  • The driver’s power steering fails: A malfunctioning power steering system can cause the steering wheel to lock up, preventing the driver from controlling the vehicle.
  • Brake failure: The vehicle cannot slow down when the brakes are no longer working, resulting in a run-off-road accident.
  • Defective tire: A tire blowout or tread separation can cause the driver to lose control of his or her vehicle, resulting in a crash.
  • Engine failure: A suddenly failing engine can cause the driver to lose control and cause an accident.

A lawyer who specializes in injury cases can help you file an auto product liability lawsuit when a mechanical defect causes an accident. To do this, you should consult with a product liability lawyer immediately. After an accident, prevent the vehicle from being destroyed, so that engineers can inspect it for defects.

Accidents Can Be Caused by Government Negligence

Among other factors that can cause a run-off-road accident are potholes, bad road design, fissures in the pavement and lack of signage. If someone is injured, the government entity responsible for design and maintenance can be held liable financially. The statute of limitations for bringing a claim against a government entity is much shorter, so consulting with a lawyer is a good idea. By obtaining legal representation, you can ensure that all paperwork is completed correctly, and the claim is filed before the statute of limitations runs out. Otherwise, you won’t be able to file a claim.

Filing a Claim With a Government Entity

Someone who is injured due to government negligence has six months to file a claim. If the claim is denied, you have an additional six months to file a lawsuit. If no response is sent by the government entity within 45 days, you have two years to file a lawsuit. 

Take Advantage of a Free Consultation 

You may benefit from a free, no-obligation consultation with an injury lawyer if you believe your run-off-road crash was caused by an outside force and you suffered injuries. Many of these types of compensation claims have been successfully handled by my law firm over the years.

Placerville Car Accident Lawyer

I am Ed Smith, a Placerville car accident lawyer. When you have suffered an injury that was the fault of someone else, you may want to find out about the possibility of filing a claim to recover compensation. Call us at (530) 392-9400 or (800) 404-5400 for our free and friendly advice. We can review your case, answer your questions and tell you about options to recover damages. You can also reach us online.

Discover how others have been helped by our team of injury lawyers below:

Belonging to the following groups is an honor for us:

Photo attribution: Image by Vladyslav Topyekha from Pixabay 

:cd llo [763]

Contact Information