Pickups Rear Ended Toyota in Sacramento Three Vehicle Collision
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento auto accident attorney. A three-vehicle collision between two large pickups and a sedan in South Sacramento occurred recently along Interstate 5 southbound, which resulted in an injury. According to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), the accident was a rear-end collision. It has not yet been reported who was at fault in the crash and why it occurred.
Details of the Accident
The collision occurred a few minutes before 2:00 in the afternoon along the highway just south of Hood Franklin Road. It was reported that the vehicles involved were a Duramax Chevy Silverado, one of the larger Ford pickups and a blue Toyota sedan. The CHP reported that the two pickups rear-ended the Toyota. The roadway was cleared, and the accident is being investigated by the CHP. Tow trucks and emergency medical personnel were summoned to help clear the road and provide assistance to the person who was injured in the crash.
Causes of Rear-End Crashes
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, among the different types of motor vehicle accidents, almost one-third are rear-end collisions. Some of the causes of rear-end collisions are as follows:
- Distracted driving is one of the leading causes of traffic accidents. A distraction is anything that pulls the driver’s eyes away from the road and surrounding traffic. It can include texting/talking on a cell phone, visiting with passengers in the vehicle, drinking or eating while driving and other factors.
- Speeding is a major cause of motor vehicle collisions. A speeder has less control over the vehicle and requires more time to react safely and slow down or stop in an emergency situation.
- Mechanical failure may be as simple as a worn tire, bad brakes or problems with the steering wheel or accelerator. When an accident is caused by a defect, the driver may be entitled to compensation through an auto products liability claim.
- Road rage, as well as instances of aggressive driving, is becoming more common. In instances of road rage, the driver may be tailgating, cutting in and out of traffic or even trying to force another vehicle off the road. Road rage can lead to serious injuries or even deaths in an accident.
- Traffic congestion lends itself to accidents because vehicles are closer together, which makes slowing and stopping more dangerous.
- Drugged or drunk driving kills and injures many people every year. Those who are incapacitated by alcohol or drugs, whether illegal, prescription or over-the-counter, have a reduced capacity to drive. Lack of judgment, poorer reflexes, foggy thinking and a longer period to react in an emergency makes them dangerous to others on the road.
- Driving while fatigued is a less common cause of accidents. It happens when the driver hasn’t had enough rest the night before, works changing shifts or is taking medication. Commercial drivers are also at risk for driving while fatigued.
Sacramento Auto Accident Attorney
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento auto accident attorney. A multiple vehicle collision can result in serious injuries, especially if it is hit multiple times. If you or your loved one was hurt in an accident through the negligence of another, you may be able to collect financial compensation to pay your medical and other bills. Please contact me at (916) 921-6400 or on my toll-free line at (800) 404-5400 for friendly and free advice.
Over my 36 years as a personal injury lawyer, I’ve helped many residents of Sacramento and the surrounding area with obtaining compensation, including many types of car accidents and cases for wrongful death.
I am a forum member at milliondollaradvocates.com, which only allows trial lawyers with proven records of million dollar wins in client settlements or verdicts.
Please look over reviews by some former clients, along with a list of prior cases at:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/car-accident-broken-glass-splatter-337764/
:cd [cs 689] cv