Intersection Accident on Fulton Avenue Injures Pedestrian
A major injury accident occurred to a pedestrian in Sacramento on January 6 that sent one person to the hospital. The collision happened around 6:44 p.m. at the intersection of Fulton Avenue and Loma Vista Drive in the Arden-Arcade area. The collision report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) reported that the number two lane was blocked by the collision.
Pedestrian Suffers Major Injuries in Intersection Accident
Emergency responders with the Sacramento Fire Department were called to the scene to assess injuries to the person who was struck by the vehicle. Medics determined the pedestrian had suffered a major injury and transported their patient to a hospital. The driver of the vehicle that struck the pedestrian remained at the scene and was cooperating in the investigation into the cause of the crash.
Pedestrian Major Injury Accident
Because of the vulnerability of pedestrians when involved in an accident with a motor vehicle, injuries are often severe. Some of the types of serious injuries that occur in a pedestrian major injury accident include:
- Broken or crushed bones: Adult pedestrians are often struck in their upper legs by a motor vehicle in a major injury accident. This can cause serious injuries to the tibia or fibula, which take a long time to heal and can keep the injured party off their feet for several months. Injuries often happen to the hands, wrists and upper arms also if the pedestrian is tossed into the air because they try to brace themselves for their fall.
- Traumatic brain injuries: A TBI can occur if the pedestrian lands on the hood of the vehicle and strikes the windshield, which is common. TBIs can range from a concussion to a fractured skull and cause swelling and hemorrhage, which are life-threatening conditions requiring hospitalization and potential surgeries to repair.
- Abdominal trauma: Abdominal trauma can consist of damage to internal organs such as the spleen or internal bleeding. A life-threatening condition, abdominal trauma often requires emergency surgery to save the patient’s life.
- Spinal cord damage: When the spinal cord is damaged in a major injury accident, it can result in permanent or temporary paralysis. This means that the injured pedestrian may require permanent health assistance and lifelong medical care.
Recovering Compensation Following a Pedestrian Major Injury Accident
Our law firm has successfully acquired fair compensation for many injured pedestrians over the years. The recovery of compensation from the at-fault party includes:
- Medical expenses that arise from the major injury accident, including those that come up in the future if the trauma is ongoing, can be recovered. This includes everything from the cost of the ambulance and hospitalization to physicians’ bills, medications, tests, surgeries, and recuperation. If the injury continues into the future, our lawyers factor in that cost.
- Wages that were lost from the inability of the injured person to work are recoverable. By lost wages, we mean not only the salary but tips, bonuses and other perks of the job such as insurance coverage and pension. If the individual is self-employed, that is recoverable also by using tax returns and receipts.
- Pain and suffering compensation can be recovered, which includes not only the physical trauma but the emotional and psychological effect. In some cases, the pedestrian who suffered a major injury accident develops post-traumatic stress disorder, which requires professional treatment.
Sacramento Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. Pedestrians often suffer serious injuries when struck by a motor vehicle. If the driver was at-fault for the accident, the injured party may wish to find out about filing a claim to recover compensation. We can be reached for our free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. You can also reach us by sending us a message online.
You can find out how our injury lawyer team has assisted others in getting compensation for their accidents below:
Our membership in the groups that follow shows how dedicated we are to serving our clients:
We at AutoAccident.com have served the people of Sacramento and the rest of Northern California since 1982 in obtaining compensation for pedestrian injury accidents and all other types of traffic collisions.
:cd llo