Pedestrian Dies in Accident on Power Inn Road
A pedestrian died in a Sacramento traffic collision on March 13 at about 2:30 a.m. The traffic collision happened in the Colonial Village neighborhood on Power Inn Road in the area of Fruitridge Avenue. A Sacramento Police Department representative, Officer Ryan Woo, reported that the pedestrian suffered serious injuries and was declared deceased by responders with the Sacramento Fire Department.
The coroner’s office was able to identify the pedestrian as Robert Moyse, a 55-year -old resident of Sacramento. The driver of the vehicle involved in the crash remained at the scene and was said to be cooperating with law enforcement. At the time of this report, the cause of the traffic collision is still under investigation.
Losing a Loved One in a Pedestrian Traffic Accident
Losing a loved one is a devastating experience that is made worse when it is due to another’s negligence. Family members are caught in a web of grief made worse by financial worries. When this happens, consulting a wrongful death lawyer can help.
How to Help a Bereaved Family
Close friends and other family members can help the deceased’s loved ones by:
- Calling and expressing your sympathy
- Scheduling a visit if possible
- Bringing a home-cooked meal to the family home
- Offering to do chores around the home
- Letting family members know you can pick up groceries or take them to do errands
- Remembering to keep in touch after the services are complete
How Can a Wrongful Death Lawyer Help When a Loved One Dies?
A personal injury lawyer will be able to do the following:
- The attorney will review your case free of charge to determine if you have a viable claim against the at-fault party.
- Your attorney will look for evidence that supports the claim during an investigation of the pedestrian accident and the area where it occurred.
- Once evidence is gathered and the fault is proven, the attorney will be able to build a strong case against the defendant.
Who Can Make a Wrongful Death Claim?
The following family members can file a wrongful death claim:
- A spouse or putative spouse
- Children of the decedent
- Stepchildren of the decedent
- Grandchildren if the children of the decedent have died
What Does a Wrongful Death Lawsuit Provide?
Although a wrongful death lawsuit will never be able to overcome the grief the loss of a loved one causes, it may be able to relieve the financial stress the family is experiencing. For many people, the cost of a burial and funeral is astronomical today. For others, being able to keep up with household expenses is difficult. A wrongful death lawsuit can provide the following:
- Lost wages of the decedent
- Loss of bonuses
- Loss of retirement funds and other incentives
- Loss of life insurance
- For married couples, loss of consortium
- The loss of emotional support
- Loss of inheritance
How Our Firm Investigates a Pedestrian Accident
Our firm dispatches investigators to the site, where they use accident reconstruction techniques to determine liability. The investigators also obtain videos from traffic light surveillance cameras and interview witnesses. They review police reports to find inaccuracies. Such mistakes can change the outcome of a claim.
Sacramento Wrongful Death Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I am a Sacramento wrongful death lawyer. Losing a loved one is a trying experience, and I am here to help. Just call me at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for free and friendly advice. You can also reach me online.
I’ve assisted families in Sacramento since 1982 when they suffered a wrongful death in the family caused by a car accident or other traumatic event.
Learn more about my firm using the links below:
I am proud to be a member of the following organizations:
Attributed photo: https://pixabay.com/photos/candle-light-candlelight-flame-2038736/
:cd llo [cs 662]