Natomas Hit-and-Run Occurs on Northgate Boulevard Off-Ramp
A Natomas hit-and-run accident caused critical injuries to a pedestrian on December 14 along eastbound I-80. The collision occurred on the Northgate Boulevard off-ramp shortly before 8:00 p.m. In addition to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), Sacramento police and county fire emergency responders arrived at the scene.
Pedestrian Hospitalized in Critical Condition Following Natomas Hit-and-Run
The injured pedestrian was transported to a hospital for care. No additional information was released. The CHP traffic accident investigators are determining how the collision occurred and seeking the driver who fled the scene.
Financial Damages Caused by Pedestrian Accidents
Injured pedestrians might be able to recover compensation in a Natomas hit-and-run when they suffer injuries due to the negligent driver’s actions. Our law office has successfully located fleeing drivers in a number of cases. The following can be recovered as damages:
- Medical: A claim for medical costs resulting from an accident injury may be made. Hospitalization, physician’s bills, ambulance fees, surgeries, testing, and rehabilitation are among the expenses. Additional medical expenses can be estimated and included if the injury is ongoing when the settlement is reached.
- Wages: Lost wages are included if the injured pedestrian was unable to work and not receiving their salary. Recoverable wages also include the value of their missed insurance and pension benefits, bonuses, etc.
- Pain and suffering: In addition to physical pain and suffering, compensation can be recovered for emotional distress as well. Traumatic traffic accidents often leave survivors with nightmares, anxiety, and other symptoms that require professional attention. It is possible to reimburse the cost of that treatment.
Getting Legal Advice After an Intersection Accident
Determining who is at fault can be challenging when pedestrian injuries occur in a Natomas hit-and-run. An experienced pedestrian accident lawyer can assist you if you want to sue the driver responsible for your injuries. To prove negligence, the evidence must be gathered early on before it disappears or witnesses are hard to locate. Evidence such as these can be gathered through an investigation such as:
- To identify the exact cause of an accident, a site inspection is conducted at the collision crash site. Photographs are taken of any road damage, such as tread marks, and evidence is collected at the scene.
- The investigators examine surveillance cameras located at traffic lights and nearby businesses and residences. Video evidence could be used to prove fault in a case if the accident was captured on camera.
- As part of the compensation process, the police report is reviewed to confirm its accuracy and to obtain evidence. Mistakes in the police report can adversely affect a client’s compensation claim.
- Accident reconstruction aims to establish how the vehicle was located relative to the pedestrian in the event of an accident.
An injury lawyer can use the evidence gathered to build a strong case to support the pedestrian’s compensation claim once it has been gathered.
Ed Smith offers some advice in this video about choosing an injury lawyer:
Natomas Pedestrian Injury Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith. I’m a Natomas pedestrian injury accident lawyer. Negligence of some type is usually the cause of a two-vehicle accident. When the other driver was at fault, you may want to consider filing a personal injury claim to recover damages, especially if you face high medical bills and lost time at work. For free and friendly advice from an experienced lawyer at AutoAccident.com, call (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. We can also be contacted online.
We’re members of the Million Dollar Advocates and the Top 1 Percent, which shows how hard-working our lawyers are to get maximum compensation for our clients. The following websites may be helpful to you if you are looking for information about our law firm: Google, Settlements and Verdicts, and Yelp.
:cd llo [cs 660]