Pedestrian Collision Fatality in Modesto
According to the California Highway Patrol, a car vs. pedestrian collision in the Modesto area resulted in a fatality. The incident took place at approximately 12:15 a.m. on Golden State Boulevard in the vicinity of West Barnhart Road.
Details on the Pedestrian Collision Fatality in Modesto
CHP traffic officers indicated that a driver reportedly could not see the pedestrian due to poor lighting conditions and crashed into them. The pedestrian was transported to an area hospital for immediate treatment of unspecified injuries. Sadly, they were declared deceased during hospitalization. The identity of the decedent has not yet been released, and the motorist was not arrested, officials said.
How an Attorney Can Help Your Family with a Fatal Accident Case
A wrongful death may occur under a wide array of circumstances, including a pedestrian accident in Modesto. When a family loses a loved one because of an incident that was caused by a negligent individual or entity, they may have grounds for a wrongful death claim. An accident attorney from our law firm can handle the details of a case to help ease the minds of grieving surviving family members. Some of the ways our lawyers can help include:
- Explain a Family’s Legal Rights: One of our skilled and compassionate attorneys can explain the wrongful death laws in California that apply to your case. We will assess your case, explain your rights as a surviving family member, and discuss your potential options for financial recovery.
- Investigate the Incident: Our legal team will conduct an independent investigation of the pedestrian accident since wrongful death claims are often challenging. That is because there may be conflicting details surrounding the sequence of events leading up to the incident. A thorough investigation by an attorney will help them identify at-fault parties and hold them liable for damages incurred.
- Negotiate an Insurance Settlement: Our law firm will build a strong case to present in insurance negotiations. If we cannot reach an agreement, we will stop at nothing to obtain a favorable outcome in a trial if necessary.
- File a Lawsuit: According to the California Code of Civil Procedure Section 335.1, a wrongful death case is subject to a two-year statute of limitations. Failure to file a lawsuit in civil court within this time frame may result in the loss of the right to seek damages from the other side. When your family works with our family at AutoAccident.com, we will work to ensure that all deadlines are met accordingly.
When your family turns to our law firm for assistance, we will handle your case on a contingent fee basis. In other words, there is no need for your family to pay attorney’s fees until we have obtained a successful outcome in your case. Learn more about us by watching this video or contacting us today to schedule a free consultation with one of our Modesto wrongful death lawyers.
What Types of Losses are Recoverable in Wrongful Death Claims?
The loss of a close relative is a painful experience that is often accompanied by overwhelming financial hardship. If it occurs through another party’s negligence, one of our wrongful death attorneys can help your family seek economic and non-economic damages, such as:
- Medical bills
- Funeral service costs
- Lost benefits
- Loss of future earnings
- Mental anguish
- Loss of care, companionship, and protection
Personal Injury Lawyer in Modesto
I’m Ed Smith, a Modesto personal injury lawyer. Did you lose a loved one in a pedestrian accident caused by a negligent driver? Our law firm can help your family seek justice and financial compensation. Call our skilled injury attorneys today for compassionate, free, and friendly case advice at (209) 227-1931 or (800) 404-5400.
We are proud members of the following groups:
Learn more about our law firm through these links:
Image Attribution: Pixabay “StockSnap”
:ds llo [cs 663]