Accident on H Street Onramp Occurs in Midtown
A pedestrian accident happened in Midtown Sacramento on an on-ramp on November 17. The accident was reported by the California Highway Patrol (CHP) as occurring on the H Street on-ramp to State Route 51 southbound around 5:26 p.m. No information was released on injuries to the pedestrian or whether the driver remained at the accident scene. The CHP is carrying out an investigation to see how the collision occurred and to place fault.
Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Pedestrians are vulnerable to injuries in traffic collisions because of their lack of protection. With more and more people taking advantage of inexpensive modes of transportation such as bicycles and rented electric scooters, that means that more pedestrians are using the roadways. An increase in the number of accidents has been the result. While drivers watch for other motorists, they seem to be more unaware of pedestrians, bicyclists, and scooter riders.
Paying for Accident Injuries
It is a motorist’s responsibility to prevent accidents because of their duty of care to others. If a pedestrian, bicyclist, or scooter rider is injured by a negligent driver, they may claim fair compensation. Our law office has the experience needed to successfully handle pedestrian injury claims. Areas where damages can be recovered include all medical expenses associated with the accident, lost wages from being unable to work, and pain and suffering.
Major Causes of a Pedestrian Accident
Understanding how accidents with pedestrians occur can help motorists and walkers both avoid them. Some of the major reasons are as follows:
- Distracted drivers: Drivers who text or use their cell phones while driving endanger everyone else using the road. Pedestrians can be guilty of this also by focusing on their phones while crossing a street.
- Impatience: Pedestrians should be given the right of way even if they are crossing illegally or against the light. Impatient motorists may try to drive around them, which can spell disaster.
- Drunk or drugged drivers: Drivers who are impaired are a danger to everyone but especially to pedestrians. Making a dangerous left turn or speeding through a crosswalk can result in a pedestrian accident. Pedestrians after dark should be especially cautious since impaired drivers are often on the roads then.
- Left-turning vehicles: Drivers don’t always pay attention to crosswalk signals and will make a left turn when there is a walker crossing.
- Reckless driving: Reckless driving can consist of speeding, running a red light, and other offenses. These can easily result in a pedestrian accident at an intersection.
- Weather conditions: Wet, slippery roads or icy conditions, or fog can all make it more difficult for a motorist to spot a pedestrian either day or night. It can also make it more difficult for a motorist to safely handle a car and requires a longer stopping distance.
Investigation of a Pedestrian Accident Injury
Negligence must be proven in order for an injured pedestrian to claim damages. Our investigators are good at rooting out the evidence needed to support a client’s injury claim. They review the police report for mistakes and speak to the witnesses. Cameras from nearby traffic and road surveillance are sought, which can back up the claim of how the collision happened. The investigators perform accident reconstruction and look for other areas that might prove fault by the negligent driver.
Sacramento Pedestrian Accident Lawyer
My name is Ed Smith, and I’m a Sacramento pedestrian accident lawyer. When a negligent driver has caused your accident injuries, you might be able to claim fair compensation. This covers the cost of your medical expenses, the time you have lost from work and reimburses you for your pain and suffering. My local number is (916) 921-6400 and the long-distance number is (800) 404-5400 if you would like to hear my free and friendly advice. You can also message me online.
I’m honored to be a member of:
Find out about my law firm by visiting these sites:
Photo Attribution: https://www.pexels.com/photo/ambulance-architecture-building-business-263402/
:cd llo [cs 705]