Accident on Florin Road Involves Vehicle and Pedestrian
A pedestrian accident resulting in serious injuries occurred on December 7 in Sacramento. The crash was reported by the Sacramento Police Department as occurring at Florin Road between Greenhaven and South Land Park. Information about the accident was sketchy, but the police report said it involved a crash between a vehicle and the individual on foot.
Pedestrian Seriously Injured in Collision With Motor Vehicle
Medics transported the pedestrian to a hospital with serious injuries. The accident is under investigation by authorities to find out how it occurred. The name of the pedestrian who was injured has not yet been released.
Pedestrian Accident Injuries
Because a pedestrian is vulnerable to injuries in an accident, trauma can be severe, ranging from broken bones to a traumatic brain injury. An accident can lead to long-term hospitalization, surgeries to repair the damage and a long recuperative period. When a negligent driver caused the accident, an injury lawyer can help the injured party recover the compensation they deserve.
Investigating a Pedestrian Accident
By conducting an investigation, an injury lawyer can uncover the evidence needed to support the injured pedestrian’s claim. Areas where evidence is sought, include:
- The investigators go to the scene of the accident right away to gather evidence, including photographing the area and looking for dropped metal parts or paint that can be used to identify the vehicle.
- Accident reconstruction is performed, which indicates how the collision occurred and can point toward fault.
- Witnesses of the accident are interviewed by the investigators. Sometimes, a witness taped an accident as it happened on their cell phone. In others, the witnesses can give their statements on how the pedestrian accident happened.
- The report filed by the police is checked for accuracy. This is because an error in the police report may affect the injured pedestrian’s ability to recover damages.
- Traffic and business surveillance cameras in the area are examined to see if the pedestrian accident was captured on film. If it was, that evidence can be subpoenaed to support the client’s compensation claim.
Once all the evidence has been compiled, our injury lawyers use it to construct a strong case to support our client’s compensation claim.
Recovery of Damages Following a Pedestrian Accident
The following damages can be claimed and recovered in a pedestrian accident case:
- All medical expenses that arise from the accident injury are recoverable. This includes everything from the ambulance fee and hospitalization to tests, surgeries, physician bills, and medications to rehabilitation costs. If the injury is ongoing, those costs are factored in by the attorney.
- Wages lost from the inability to work can be recovered. The salary, tips, bonuses and any other perks of the job are included. If the party is self-employed, it can be proven through the use of tax returns, receipts and other documents. Again, if the injured party cannot return to work or has to take a lower-paying job due to the accident, that is factored into the settlement.
- Compensation for pain and suffering is recoverable. This not only includes the physical trauma but also the emotional and psychological pain. A surprising number of people who have been in an accident develop symptoms such as anxiety, nightmares, and reliving the collision over and over. Others progress to develop post-traumatic stress disorder. Your injury attorney will tell you whether you would qualify for compensation for these traumas.
Best Personal Injury Attorneys in Sacramento
I am Ed Smith, and I am a Sacramento personal injury lawyer. Accident injuries can be serious, and when negligence by another person or entity was the cause, you may want to find out whether you can claim compensation. Contact us for free and friendly advice at (916) 921-6400. You can also reach us at (800) 404-5400 or by sending us a message online.
Learn more about how our injury lawyers aided others at the following links:
We are honored to be members of:
:cd llo