CORONAVIRUS UPDATE: What We Are Doing to Protect Our Clients

One Injured in Redding Area Hit-and-Run

One Hurt in Redding Area Hit-and-Run

One person suffered trauma during a Redding area hit-and-run on Tuesday, May 19, 2020. Reports issued by California Highway Patrol (CHP) state that a 55-year-old woman suffered serious injuries and was hospitalized following the accident. Police are still attempting to locate the missing vehicle and driver.

Crash Details

The crash happened at around 4:50 p.m. on Highway 299 in the area of Oregon Mountain west of Redding. A Junction City woman had been heading west on the highway when she swerved in order to avoid colliding with another vehicle. As a result, the first vehicle overturned near the intersection of Glennison Gap road. The other vehicle, described as a small sedan, drove away from the scene without stopping.

When response personnel arrived at the location of the crash, they discovered that the woman had been seriously injured and had her rushed to the Mercy Medical Center for immediate medical care.


As they are attempting to locate the missing driver, CHP has indicated that anybody who has information about the location of the missing driver and/or vehicle contact police to help with their investigation. Callers can use the non-emergency line 1-800-TELL-CHP.

Hit-and-Run Accidents 

Being injured in a car accident is stressful. Collision survivors are often in a lot of pain and need extensive medical care, including physical therapy, surgeries, medications, and more in order to heal. Sadly, medical care can be very expensive, and many people are unsure of how they will be able to pay for the treatment they need.

For this reason, many people seek to claim financial compensation for their damages by filing a personal injury claim against negligent parties. However, when the negligent driver can’t be located or identified, they can’t be held liable. Because of this, many survivors of hit-and-run accidents worry about how they will be able to claim the compensation they deserve.

Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist Coverage

Fortunately, many people who have been injured in hit-and-run crashes are able to claim the payments they need by utilizing a part of their own insurance policy called “uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage.”

This coverage is optional in California, so not everybody has it and the amount of compensation available can vary widely. Furthermore, it’s common for insurers to offer less than their clients deserve. By reaching out to an experienced injury lawyer in your area, you can make sure that you are able to claim the full amount of payment that you need to cover lost income, medical expenses, damaged property, and more.

Finding a Good Lawyer

Many crash survivors put off getting in touch with a lawyer because they are unsure of how they can find an attorney with the right skills and experience to handle their case. However, the earlier you get in touch with an attorney, the better. To learn how you can easily find a top-quality attorney, take a minute to check out this short video:

Other Blogs from Ed Smith, Redding Personal Injury Lawyer

Redding Personal Injury Lawyer

I’m Ed Smith, a Redding personal injury lawyer. Recovering after a crash can be difficult. For free, friendly accident case advice, call me at (800) 404-5400 or locally at (530) 392-9400.

My team and I have been helping people obtain fair settlements and verdicts for more than 38 years. Learn about my history of successful legal advocacy by reviewing my client ratings on:

I have membership status in:

Picture: ab

:ms llo [cs 624]

Contact Information