Off-Road Accident in Elk Grove
Three vehicles were involved in an off-road accident on March 7, in Elk Grove along State Route 99. The accident happened in the southbound lanes just north of the Grant Line Road off-ramp at around 6:43 p.m. In the collision, a Chrysler 300, Toyota Camry and another unknown vehicle exited the road for unknown reasons. One of the vehicles went through a fence and ended up on Stockton Boulevard. The California Highway Patrol (CHP) and officers with the Elk Grove Police Department were both at the scene of the off-road accident. An ambulance was called for at least one of the people who were involved in the crash. All three vehicles had to be towed away afterward. As of 8:00 p.m., the accident site had still not been cleared.
Causes of Off-Road Accidents
Off-road accidents usually involve only one vehicle, but there are times when more than one is involved. In many cases, an accident where the vehicle leaves the road can cause a rollover, which results in severe injuries and increases the risk of being ejected. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, these types of accidents are commonly caused by the following reasons:
- Speeding: Speeding leads to many different types of accidents, including those where the vehicle goes off the roadway. This is because a driver who is speeding has less time to react in an emergency and can lose control of the car.
- Weather conditions: Slick roads caused by rain, sleet or snow can make a driver lose control and experience an off-road accident.
- Drunk driving: A common cause of all varieties of car accidents, drunk drivers lack the judgment and coordination to safely handle an automobile.
- Distracted driving: Texting and talking on a phone while driving is a major cause of many accidents. Other distractions include chatting with passengers, eating or changing the radio station.
- Mechanical failure: A blown tire, or defective steering or accelerator can cause an off-road accident. This comes under the category of auto products liability, and the auto manufacturer and others can be held legally responsible in such cases.
- Drowsy Driving: Driving while too tired can lead to falling asleep while behind the wheel of a car or simply not being alert enough to spot dangers in time. Getting enough rest and avoiding medications that cause drowsiness can help avoid this problem.
Seeking Legal Advice After a Car Accident
When negligence is the cause of an accident, whether off-road or any other type, the injured person may be able to collect personal injury damages to pay for lost wages, medical costs, and other expenses. A lawyer with experience in these types of accident injuries can help by handling the negotiations with the insurance company. If no satisfactory agreement can be reached, the lawyer can gather evidence for a strong case to present in court to recover the needed damages.
Elk Grove Auto Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, an Elk Grove auto accident lawyer. If you need advice about your accident injury, I would be honored to talk to you. For my free and friendly advice, please call me at (916) 694-0002, or connect with me through my toll-free line at (800) 404-5400. At my website, AutoAccident.com, I also offer an online contact form that is convenient to use, and I will get in touch with you.
Working as an injury lawyer for 37 years means that I have the experience and dedication to help recover the financial compensation you need, whether it is from any kind of motor vehicle accident, trauma such as a brain injury or you are suffering from a wrongful death in the family.
Although I belong to a number of groups that I’m proud of, I’m particularly honored to belong to the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, a group that recognizes only about 1 percent of the nation’s trial lawyers. I’m also honored to belong to the Million Dollar Advocates, a group only for those trial lawyers who have won in excess of $1 million for a client.
I know that it can be difficult to choose a personal injury lawyer when you need advice or help with a case. This is why I have posted links to the prior cases my law firm has handled and comments/reviews by my clients and peers below:
Photo Attribution: Depositphotos_11765047_l-2015
:cd llo [cs 749]