Don Julio Boulevard Intersection Crash Involves Three Vehicles
A multiple-vehicle crash occurred in North Highlands on February 13 that caused minor trauma. The accident occurred at the intersection of Don Julio Boulevard and Larchmont Drive around 6:31 p.m. and involved three vehicles. California Highway Patrol (CHP) officers reported that a Chevy Aveo involved in the collision sustained major front-end damage and was towed from the scene. An investigation is underway by authorities to determine the cause of the collision and to assign fault.
Most Traffic Collisions Occur at Intersections
About half of all accidents happen at intersections. Most of the time, a multiple-vehicle crash occurs due to negligence by one or more drivers. Because traffic converges from all directions at an intersection, which bicyclists and pedestrians also use, drivers must stay especially alert to avoid causing a collision. A multiple-vehicle crash often occurs due to the following:
- Traffic collisions caused by drunk drivers often occur at intersections.
- In the event of a light change, a speeding driver will not be able to stop in time. Speeding is one of the leading causes of rear-end collisions.
- When distracted drivers are texting or engaging in another activity while driving, they lose focus on the traffic around them.
- An intersection crash can occur if a left turn is made improperly. Oncoming traffic passes through the intersection ahead of drivers who turn just as the arrow turns red.
- It is common for drivers to run red lights at intersections and cause accidents.
- It is common for drivers to turn right negligently, injuring pedestrians, bicyclists and motorists.
- A multiple-vehicle crash can be caused by sticking accelerators, failed brakes or locked steering wheels. An auto product liability claim can be used to hold the manufacturer responsible. It is important to retain a vehicle for inspection following a collision.
- Intersections can be hazardous because of inoperable traffic lights, potholes and other problems. Depending on the circumstances, a government entity may be responsible for injuries at an intersection. An attorney may be helpful since the claim must be filed within six months.
Investigations of Accidents at Intersections
For a person to receive compensation for injuries caused by a negligent driver or another cause after a multiple-vehicle crash, they need to provide evidence. Among the areas in which we look for evidence are:
- During accident reconstruction, collision positions and manner of impact are calculated.
- The accident at the intersection is investigated by interviewing any witnesses. A client’s claim for compensation may be strengthened if a witness recorded the accident on their cell phone.
- Since inaccuracies could affect the compensation claim, the police report is checked for mistakes.
- The intersection crash might have been caught on traffic cameras in the area. Subpoenas may be served in order to verify negligence.
For our clients’ compensation claims, our injury attorneys build a strong case based on the evidence gathered.
North Highlands Personal Injury Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I’m a North Highlands personal injury lawyer. Driver negligence can result in medical bills, hospitalization and other financial losses. To find out whether you can file a personal injury claim to recover compensation, contact us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400. You can also connect with us online. We can arrange a virtual or in-person consultation with one of our experienced accident attorneys to discuss your case, answer questions and so you can discover what avenues are open to you to recover the compensation that you deserve.
To demonstrate our commitment to our clients, we are a member of the following groups:
Check out our injury lawyers‘ success stories by clicking the links below:
:cd llo