North Highlands Intersection Crash
A March 11, North Highlands intersection crash occurred in the evening hours and involved two separate collisions in the same spot. The first accident happened shortly before 9:00 p.m. at Elkhorn Boulevard and Watt Avenue and involved a minivan, a Mitsubishi Eclipse, and a Honda sedan. Injuries were reported by a caller to the California Highway Patrol (CHP), and an ambulance was sent to the accident scene. At least one of the cars was blocking the roadway.
Further Details of the Accident
The first car accident may have caused the second crash several minutes later when a Toyota Prius and an additional Mitsubishi collided. The second incident resulted in property damage, but no injuries were reported. Both incidents are being investigated by the CHP to figure out how they happened. CHP will also investigate who was a fault for the crash.
Statistics on Intersection Accidents
The Federal Highway Administration reports that there are about 2.5 million accidents in intersections each year. The only type of accident that is more commonly reported around the nation is the rear end collision. However, many of those also occur at intersections. The most common causes of a North Highlands intersection crash include:
- Left turns: Many traffic lights have turn lanes with arrows. However, traffic is still allowed to come forward as a vehicle is attempting that turn. When the driver misjudges the speed of an oncoming vehicle or thinks they can make a turn in time to beat another car, it can easily cause a North Highlands intersection crash.
- Speeding: Driving above the speed limit toward an intersection means the driver may not be able to stop in time if the light turns red. If the driver does attempt to stop, the vehicle may go out of control, resulting in an accident.
- Distracted driving: A major cause of many varieties of accidents, texting while driving and other distracting activities can make a motorist miss seeing a light change or other traffic entering the intersection. This can cause a North Highlands intersection crash.
- Proceeding when the view isn’t clear: A vehicle on the left when stopped at a light can obstruct the view of a motorist going ahead or turning right. Waiting for a clearer view is a good idea to avoid a North Highlands intersection crash.
- Drunk driving: Intoxicated drivers, along with those who are under the influence of drugs, cause many accidents, including at intersections.
Talking to a Personal Injury Lawyer
A personal injury lawyer with experience in investigating intersection accidents can help you obtain the compensation you deserve and need. By examining the police report, video footage, if available, and talking to witnesses, the lawyer has the basis to conduct his or her own investigation. This can include accident reconstruction using clues such as paint residue on vehicles, tire marks, and others. In this way, the lawyer builds a strong case for compensation to pay for your personal injury damages.
North Highlands Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a North Highlands car accident attorney. Intersection collisions can have a number of causes, and determining which driver or drivers were negligent can make a difference in whether you can collect compensation for your injuries. If you were harmed in an accident, please reach out to me at (916) 921-6400 for my free and friendly advice. If you are calling from another Northern California location, you can reach me toll-free by dialing (800) 404-5400 or by using our contact form online at AutoAccident.com.
I’m a proud member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel, a group that carefully selects only those lawyers to join who exhibit legal excellence. I also belong to the Million Dollar Forum, which is reserved for trial attorneys who’ve won over $1 million for a previous client.
Find out more information about my law firm by clicking on the following links to see client reviews and cases we have handled:
As an experienced lawyer for 37 years, I’ve assisted many people from North Highlands and surrounding Northern California to receive needed compensation for traumatic injuries, cases of wrongful death and all types of traffic accidents.
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/photos/junction-urban-street-neon-lights-1030835/
:cd llo [cs 699]