North Highlands Intersection Collision
North Highlands Intersection Collision – A North Highlands intersection collision occurred near the crossroads of Watt Avenue and North Haven Drive recently. Two vehicles were reported by the California Highway patrol (CHP) as being involved in the accident, which occurred just before 2:00 in the afternoon. It is unknown at this time whether drugs or alcohol contributed to the crash. The accident is under investigation by the CHP to place fault and determine the reason for the crash.
Crash Injury in North Highlands Intersection Collision
According to the report, a Honda Civic was involved as well as a Dodge truck. Debris was strewn across the roadway. However, only one of the lanes was affected, leaving two open for motorists. One of the individuals in the accident had a complaint of pain and was transported to the Kaiser Permanente Roseville for evaluation and treatment of injuries suffered as a result of the North Highlands intersection collision.
Forty percent of all motor vehicle accidents are reported as happening at intersections. There are around 2.5 million of these types of collisions each year as reported by the Federal Highway Transportation Safety Administration. Some of the reasons for intersection accidents include:
- Running a red light or stop sign: Driver error is the major reason that some people run a stop sign or light. However, in some cases, mechanical problems such as faulty brakes may contribute to a North Highlands intersection collision.
- Impatience: Some drivers may be in a hurry and think they can pass through a red light that has just turned to avoid waiting. Others may think the traffic is sparce, and they can beat a car that has just started through the intersection legally. This can end badly for everyone involved.
- Distracted driving: Talking or texting on a cell phone, eating or drinking in the car and other similar behaviors can distract the driver, causing them to run a red light. This can result in a North Highlands intersection collision.
- Drunk or drugged driving: Drunk drivers are a major cause of all types of accidents. Because a driver under the influence of drugs or alcohol has slowed reaction time and poor reflexes and judgment, it isn’t surprising that they sometimes run through red lights, causing an accident.
- Speeding: Speeding is involved in 27 percent of accident fatalities. A driver who is speeding may not be able to stop in time to avoid running a stop sign or light. This can lead to a North Highlands intersection collision.
- Aggressive driving: Aggressive driving consists of actions that a responsible driver wouldn’t take. This can include running lights, tailgating, cutting in and out of traffic and speeding.
Injuries in an intersection may be minor for some or involve major harm for others. For example, a North Highlands intersection collision may be a T-bone accident that results in a rollover. When a driver runs a red light, the vehicle may cause a crash involving multiple vehicles. When this happens, an experienced car accident lawyer can help by gathering evidence to present a seamless case for financial compensation. This way, the injured person can concentrate on healing, not on the mounting financial cost.
Related Articles by North Highlands Car Accident Lawyer Ed Smith
North Highlands Car Accident Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a North Highlands car accident lawyer. Being injured in an accident that wasn’t your fault can leave you or your loved one with time away from work, high medical bills and other costs. If a North Highlands intersection collision or another type of roadway crash happens to you or to someone you care about, I am here to offer free and friendly legal advice. You can phone me in North Highlands at (916) 921-6400, or contact me at (800) 404-5400 if you are calling from outside the area. If it is easier, just fill out the contact us form on AutoAccident.com.
For over 36 years, I’ve been privileged to have helped many North Highlands residents and other Northern Californians in obtaining fair compensation in many types of cases, including brain injuries and wrongful death.
As a Million Dollar Advocates California member, I am honored to belong to a group of trial lawyers who have obtained more than $1 million for a client through a case settlement or verdict.
To learn more about my legal practice, please look over the reviews by some of my former clients and peers, along with information on some of our cases at:
Photo Attribution: https://pixabay.com/en/intersection-crosswalk-city-urban-925177/
:cd [cs 786] cv