Accident on Don Julio Boulevard Caused by Fleeing Driver
A hit-and-run with injuries to a juvenile was reported to police by a caller in Carmichael on March 29. The collision apparently occurred when a young person riding a bicycle was struck by a vehicle on Don Julio Boulevard in North Highlands around 8:00 a.m. The reporting person called from Coyle Avenue at the Mercy San Juan Medical Center complex in Carmichael, according to the report issued by the California Highway Patrol (CHP).
Hit-and-Run Accident Reported From Carmichael Hospital
The accident allegedly occurred when the vehicle had come to a halt at a stop sign, and the juvenile was crossing the street with their bike. The female driver then continued to move forward in her black sedan and struck the person with the bicycle and left the scene. Although injuries to the bicyclist occurred, the extent of the trauma was not released by authorities. The accident is being investigated and a search conducted for the fleeing driver.
Bicycling Accidents and Consulting a Lawyer
When a negligent driver causes a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to compensation. We have successfully handled numerous bicycle accident claims. A bicycle injury accident attorney can answer all your questions, review your case and provide you with information on your compensation options.
Finding a Fleeing Driver After a Hit-and-Run
Following an accident, motorists who flee the scene need to be found to be held responsible for their actions. Recovery from an accident is already a difficult process. Medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering should be reimbursed by the party at fault for an accident. There have been many instances when we have been able to locate drivers after they fled a scene. Our methods for finding a hit-and-run driver include:
- To gather evidence, our investigators first go to the accident site. During the investigation, photographs are taken along with a search for paint marks and metal fragments that may have fallen from the vehicle. With those items, a vehicle’s make and model can be identified since they belong to a specific manufacturer and model year.
- In many cases, accident reconstruction is able to pinpoint the driver responsible for the collision. It can demonstrate the manner in which a hit-and-run occurred, as well as identify the driver who was at fault.
- An inspection of traffic surveillance cameras is performed to determine if the collision was caught on film. Videos can be used in such cases to find out how an accident occurred and which vehicle caused it.
- Police accident reports are reviewed by investigators to ensure that they are accurate. If there are any errors, it can affect an accident claim.
- The investigators interview individuals who saw the incident. Sometimes, witnesses are able to identify or describe the vehicle that fled the scene. They may also be able to identify the driver. It is not uncommon for witnesses to use their cell phones to record accidents as they happen.
All the evidence is now in place to build a strong case supporting our client’s compensation claim. Lost wages, medical bills, and other expenses can be reimbursed.
North Highlands Personal Injury Lawyer
I’m Ed Smith, a North Highlands personal injury lawyer. If the bicycle injury you suffered was due to a negligent driver, then you might be eligible to recover compensation. Our injury lawyers can be reached at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for their free and friendly advice. You can also send us a message online.
Here are some links where you can find out how our injury lawyers have helped others obtain compensation for their injuries:
In addition to being members of many organizations, we are especially proud to belong to:
:cd llo