Fatal Bicyclist Accident Occurs on Roseville Road
A female cyclist fatality was reported in North Highlands on October 30 after she was struck by a motor vehicle. The fatal bicycle accident happened along Roseville Road near Longview Drive around 12:30 p.m., according to a spokesperson for the Sacramento Metropolitan Fire District. Sacramento police officers arrived at the scene to discover the woman had suffered major injuries.
Cyclist Fatality Reported at the Accident Scene
Although first responders performed measures to save her life, she died before they could transport her to a hospital. The driver that struck the woman remained at the scene and cooperated with the investigation into the cause. The investigation is being conducted by the Sacramento Police Department.
Wrongful Death Claim After a Cyclist Fatality Accident
In the wake of the sudden loss of a loved one in a cyclist fatality accident, most families do not think about filing a wrongful death claim. Nevertheless, the loss can be financially draining, especially if the person contributed to their family’s income. By filing a wrongful death claim, the family is also able to get justice and closure for the loss of a loved one. Wrongful death lawsuits can recover damages in a variety of areas, including:
- Funeral and burial expenses may be recouped.
- As well as wages and bonuses earned up to the decedent’s retirement age, benefits such as pensions and insurance can be claimed. Evidence of income and receipts can be used if the deceased was self-employed.
- There is a possibility of recovering inheritance losses in some cases, which is the amount beneficiaries would have received in the will if the deceased had lived.
- It is possible for the surviving spouse to pursue a claim for loss of consortium, moral support and affection provided by the deceased.
- Loss of parental guidance, nurturing and love can be claimed by any child in the family, including stepchildren or others who benefited from the decedent’s support at least half of the time.
Recovery of Damages After a Cyclist Fatality Accident
Throughout the years, my law firm has handled a number of wrongful death cases involving a bicyclist with success. Losing a loved one can be emotionally and financially taxing for the grieving family. Depending on your needs, we can handle negotiations with the insurance company or file a lawsuit in civil court in order to obtain the best result. Having the peace of mind that their case is in good hands can ease the burden of the family.
An attorney from our firm can review your case, answer any questions you may have, and tell you about your options for recovering damages during a free, no-obligation consultation. In addition, our lawyers can gather the evidence and documentation to support your claim, calculate the compensation you might receive and negotiate on your behalf with the at-fault party’s insurance company.
North Highlands Wrongful Death Lawyer
I am Ed Smith, and I am a North Highlands wrongful death lawyer. In the event that someone else’s negligence has led to the death of a loved one, your family has the right to file a wrongful death claim. It may not ease the grief your family is undergoing, but it holds the person responsible for their actions. Please call us at (916) 921-6400 or (800) 404-5400 for compassionate, free and friendly advice. We are also available online.
We are honored to be members of the following organizations:
Visit the links below to see how our injury lawyers helped others:
:cd llo